BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

Do you use the charcoal baskets at all?.working fine for me until I changed from briquettes to charcoal wood. It’s not worth a fiddlers fuck, could hardly get the temp up to 200c. You’d probably have to fill the kettle with the cunts to get any heat off them. I’ll be going back to the dead dinosaurs.

Always use the baskets.
The briquettes are better for the longer cooks as they are an equal size so you know how much you’ve put in.
I use the lumpwood for quicker cooks as I think it imparts a better flavour.

3 Likes

A grand feed there. Do you always put the sauce on the wings before cooking them? Would you put any on afterwards?

A dry rub first, mop them with sauce for the last few mins, which is what you are seeing there. I put the lid on for 5 mins, then more sauce when they come off.

1 Like

I put a dry rub on the wings then heat the Frank’s in a small pot with butter and the sauce goes on the wings then when they’re cooked. Normally need a shower after it but worth it.

3 Likes

Yes that’s the classic buffalo sauce. Top notch.

It sure is. I’ve an awful hankering for wings now. Fuck it anyway.

1 Like

On sale in woodies - it’s a monster. They had a smaller one for 699 I think

That’s massive. I’d wonder what the quality is like for that price.

I’ll get Bang to raffle one next summer.

1 Like

They have two sizes of Kamado Joe in Higgins’s a big one for 899 and an even bigger one for 999. For that kind of money I’d be buying a branded one. Also I wouldn’t give Woodies the steam off my piss.

I’d say that one is the generic one the same as the little one I got in Lidl.

Cooked a beer can chicken there on the Kamado. It was savage.

3 Likes

We know, sure. You’re a Homebase man :rofl:

You’ve gone full redneck. There’s no going back now.

1 Like

I bear a special hatred for Woodies. It’s personal with them.

You need to start calling it Beer Butt Chicken, however. I believe we had a classically trained chef posting here once who had photos of his chicken cooked in this fashion.

It’s a game changer

Photo doesnt do this justice. Bbq lamb shoulder, roasted baby potatoes, harrissa carrots, garlic & lemon asparagus (both on bbq), harrissa mayo with the lamb.

12 Likes

Ah no, that looks smashing, maybe a little pot of gravy would be nice

I had a jar of harrissa in the fridge, I mixed it in with some with mayo and lemon juice. Gave a nice consistency to use as a sauce.