BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

For that crowd IMVHO you need to go to 3 or 4 large cuts of meat eg brisket or a lamb shoulder or something and let it cook away all day and just feed people hot meat and cold salads, brisket baps and the like.

You will drove yourself doolally otherwise trying to land the timings

2 Likes

Is that the mini again? How much charcoal and how do you light it and for how long and such? I had it on the go this evening but it peaked under 200, would have liked hotter.

That or he just needs to cook it all earlier at his own leisure and just heat it up on the bbq later

1 Like

A BBQ purist like @TreatyStones? You might as well ask him to use gas

1 Like

It’s the mini. Lit it with the Lidl natural firefighters. Filled it with restaurant grade charcoal and topped it up when that settled down. Got it to that temperature after 45 minutes or so.

3 Likes

I have a pork shoulder that I’ll probably have to cheat a little with. I’m thinking I’ll get on the bbq this evening for 3 hours to get some smoke in, then transfer it to the slow cooker over night.

I have 6 racks of ribs that will go on tomorrow afternoon. They’ll be cooked, sauced and wrapped in tinfoil before people arrive.

Then chicken pieces on the kettle bbq and burgers on the half barrell.

Potato Salad, Pasta salad & tomato type salad as sides.

Highly ambitious but I think I can do it.

4 Likes

Is féidir linn

1 Like

Any chan e you could record a time lapse video of your barbecue over the next 24 hours?

2 Likes

With Benny hill music

15 Likes

Time to pull the covid card. :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

Get 4 or 5 kilos of chicken wings and smother them in Franks and butter off the BBQ. Get something hot into people early and shut some of the older people up early doors. Set down a marker.

4 Likes

Tell them it’s BYOB, they’ll soon start making excuses.

In fact, BYOBB as Homer said:

giphy

2 Likes

Don’t mind them, you’ve got this.

I cant believe I wasn’t invited

PM me your Eircode there and I’ll make it 31 :wink:

A great success. The ribs were a little disappointing, being a touch drier than I would have liked. But overall delighted with how it went.

27 Likes

The cake

2 Likes

Magnificent

1 Like

We go again

11 Likes

Wings & Burgers

18 Likes