BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

Had a crowd over at the weekend. Pork shoulder onto the bbq for 4 hours on a low heat to get that smoke in, then transferred to the slow cooker for the night. Picture is of the remains yesterday evening.

11 Likes

Tis hard to bate a bit of slow cooking

1 Like

Butterflied spiced leg of lamb (obviously only part of a leg - rest is gone in the freezer)

8 Likes

@treatystones, you seem to be the expert on all things BBQ around here - where would be the best place to get meat for a BBQ in either Limerick city or west Limerick? I’m looking for a few nice steaks, burgers, skewered meat that kind of thing. Also need a place with the like of prawns on skewers as I’ve a pescatarian coming to the BBQ.

I generally put together my own skewers. Worth buying a set of metal ones. The wooden ones the pre-made kebabs come on generally just end up burning. I generally get my pork from O’Connells on Little Catherine Street and my steaks from Noel O’Connors on the corner of the same street and William st.

For the prawns try the fish shop around the corner from the chicken hut.

6 Likes

Steaks from Ahernes on Roche’s street

I got chicken breasts from there last week. It’s rough enough inside there

Sadliers.

1 Like

Theres a butcher in raheen does great bbq packs. Was at a pal’s for bbq and was very impressed by the fare. Ribs, burgers, minute steaks, kebabs.

Edit: Garrets is the name.of.it he tells me

2 Likes

It’s good, by God will you pay for it

The guys in the milk markets on a saturday morning look to have great fare for bbq’ing too.

Neither can be bate. The smoked pork belly cold cuts from O’Connell’s are like crack.

They have a shop at the town end of the Corbally road, Nolan’s, very much in the Garrets mould
Decent