BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

Fuck off to the electric ninja thread so

2 Likes

Yeah heats a few wooden pellets for gay smoke. It’s pure cheating but I nearly lost my hands building last bbq so I’m going quick and easy

3 Likes

I thought I was a Phillips stein with my gas BBQ

1 Like

If it’s good enough for Bootlegger it’s good enough for me
@Copper_pipe @briantinnion @gilgamboa

2 Likes

How much hassle is it to clean? Are you scrubbing it down everytime?

That’s a lovely scene. You have me really questioning what I’m doing living in inner city Dublin with a postage stamp garden.

1 Like

I bought the same thing. Also from Dominic Smith. As much as it’s cheating it’s simple to use and the output is excellent.

2 Likes

How would the food taste in comparison to using the grill in the kitchen?

When you use the smoker thing it makes it taste more barbecuey. I don’t know how much of it is psychological but I’d prefer the food done on it to a normal grill.

It may be just a sophisticated Air Up that’s codding me.

3 Likes

I used this for the first time tonight. Sausages, chilli and lime chicken thighs and some spicy prawns. Unraylable- extremely quick, decent flavour with the smoker/wood fire tech and easy to clean after. Negative was lack of space for a plate or cooler side of a grill but because it’s quicker it doesn’t really matter. Mrs Spidey who has an irrational fear of ‘flame grilled’ food even sampled a bit.

2 Likes

What’s her beef with it?

:joy:

She has a load of aunts/uncles living in Connecticut. When her folks first brought her over there as a kid on hols, they tipped off to NYC while she was left behind bawling. Her rellys tried to placate here with a full on bbq to no avail. S Freud wouldn’t get a look in

2 Likes

My sister in law absolutely refuses to eat chicken off a BBQ. Even if you burn it to a crisp.

I’m allowed to cook chicken for her in a normal way. Which is a serious vote of confidence in itself. She was very weird about chicken on the bone for a long time as well. But she seems to be over that now.

Her mother was the only one apart from herself allowed cook chicken for her for a long time. She just has a weird mental thing about it.

Some people are weird.

Her mother cooked chicken breasts in the oven here the other day and I said to her 40 minutes in, I’d say they are cooked. And she gave it another ten minutes. They were shrivelled to death, not a drop of moisture left. So I suppose it’s a family thing.

4 Likes

Yep none of her family or her eat butter too. The grandfather abhors it and it’s filtered down to all the offspring

1 Like

Is it an anti cow secretion thing?

Wtf :joy:

A cow secreting butter is worth a fortune you know

Usually i hate cold callers but tonight a man in a fine diesel van pulled up selling meat. I bought a good pile of beef to fill the freezer. Fantastic service

Ah no. Jesus, like.

2 Likes

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv