BDO Darts Tournaments + News

Barney has won four World Professional Darts Championships, mate

Even duzza said lakeside couldnā€™t be classed as a proper world title.

Duzza is the sheriff

Heā€™s gone over and kicked the asses of the exhibition boys

DuZa forever PDC never

The BDO is delighted to announce that the World Masters, now called the ā€œOne80 L-Style World Mastersā€, is moving to a new venue - the Circus Tavern in Purfleet, Essex.

This is an exciting development. I canā€™t recall the Circus Tavern ever hosting competitive darts before but it is well known for hosting many exhibitions in the past and is said to be renowned for its atmosphere.

I canā€™t wait for what should be a magnificent tournament, to be held on the October Bank Holiday weekend, Friday 25th to Sunday 27th, LIVE on the worldā€™s greatest sports television network, Eurosport.

We might even have a few referees by then.

Great matchplay for 3 time amateur world champ Glen durrant but completely outplayed by Michael Smith in semi. To be fair Glen needs more time to settle in professional ranks.

The BDO have sold their soul here, iā€™m even genuinely gutted the Lakeside is no more. The end of an era.

Growing pains. With the huge audiences appearing at the BDO flagship itā€™s only proper they move it to a modern arena that can cater for the increased crowds.

What, under 3 thousand?

I cannot lie, a piece of my heart was ripped out when I heard the news

But this move was essential to cater for the massive demand for BDO darts

I imagine this is how Barcelona supporters must have felt when they left their traditional home of Les Corts to move to the Nou Camp

Thankfully the memory of darts will be preserved in the new housing estate planned for the Lakeside site which will contain names like Bristow Drive, Wolfie Avenue, Barney Court and Hankey Lane

Each new street will contain three houses numbered 20 and two houses numbered 16

The good news is that the famous stage will be transferred piece by piece to the Dome so that the pressure of the Lakeside stage will be well and truly preserved

A lovely nod to the past as well that the new venue will also be beside a famous body of water

This is 2020 foresight from the BDO board

1 Like

What a standard

If lads are having to fire in nine darters just to make it past the last 256, I expect the averages in the latter stages will be up around 130

Potter setting up a rival competition at lakeside the same week as the bdo amateur championship at the 02. Interesting times ahead.

https://www.live-darts.com/category/bdo-darts-news/hamilton-releases-statement-following-world-masters-mix-up-20191024/
:joy:

Oh dear.

Does Sid know this tournament is on?

Tremendous drama - thereā€™s never a dull moment in the BDO!

By the way, well done to all the players at the World Masters at the Circus Tavern in Purfleet who helped the authorities out with tracing the identities of the tragic Chinese victims of the container disaster just a few hundred yards down the road in Grays

There will be a raffle at the tournament with all proceeds to go to the families of the victims

Wonderful BDO empathy - the darting family can always be counted upon to stand up when most needed

In other news, 39 players advanced by default through the first qualifying round for the tournament after their international opponents inexplicably failed to turn up

A great night for Irish darts at The Circus Tavern

Ciaran Teehan and John Oā€™Shea are both into the quarter-finals of the World Masters

Keith Geraghty so nearly joined them

Itā€™s all about the Irish in Purfleet and Grays this week

Eurosport Director needs to refrain from close ups of the 45 strong crowd here with their signs.

One just said " go Ahastasia ".

Iā€™m sure Anastasia Dobromyslova appreciated the gesture but, ya know.

Turned on this for a look. Hillarious stuff.

What channel is it on these days?