Best Albums Of 2011

I’m going for…
5. Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
4. Washed Out - Within and Without
3.Fredrik - Flora
2. Bon Iver - Bon Iver

1. Yuck - Yuck

M83’s Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming is by far the best thing I heard this year. An album you can live inside.
Kaputt by Destroyer is second fave. Have heard fuck all else, mind you. Getting ould.

Give me a week Larry, still have stuff to listen to.

Gil Scott Heron is my new discovery of the year. Does that count? God knows how I never heard him before. He’s unbelievably good.

He has been around since the 60s Thrawneen. Dead now unfortunately.

Yeah, I was saddened after the fact. I was always put off by the jazz/spoken word connotations. Turns out I was way off the mark. I’m quite surprised several of his tracks aren’t more famous, in the way, say, Sly Stone’s are.

I jumped the shark this week when I bought a few jazz albums. I’m finished.

tUnEyArDs - W H O K I L L

Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds, the King is back.

Bon Iver was quite good too.

Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys!
Wilco - The Whole Love
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
Gotye - Making Mirrors

I readily admit I’d like to shag PJ Harvey, from behind, while pulling her hair. That is all.

:lol: :clap:

There’s an album title in that post, somewhere.

I need to get round to listening to this, and the PJ Harvey. They’ve been sitting in my iPod forever.

To be fair, my mental image of PJ is back when she was singing Good Fortune which must be 10 years ago. Still, I’m a buyer.

I remember seeing her at Slane years ago supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I hadn’t a clue who she was. But I do now.

What did you buy SS?

M83 and Bon iver from what I’ve listened to. Although I have Been a bit slack this year with new material.

The antlers- Burst apart , is decent fare also.

I should add Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues to that list.

To Bring You My Love is my favourite album by PJ. Brilliant from start to finish.