Best Gaelic Footballer 2010-2019

It’s a flip of a coin between Conor McManus and Michael Murphy for me but I’m going to trump for McManus.

James McCarthy

3 Likes

Cillian O’Connor.

3 Likes

Murphy spent too much time all over the field, McManus stayed up top doing what he does best.

Lee Keegan

3 Likes

Brian Fenton.

1 Like

Jack McCaffrey

4 Likes

Is this the best player that played at any part of the 10 year period or weighted in terms of the best player for the longest part/ all of the 10 years?

The only criteria set by @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy is that they are from Ulster

20 Likes

It has to be McManus for me for the reason is that he is this generation’s Peter Canavan.

Monaghan have a very workmanlike side outside of McManus, solid, dogged gutsy players but he has carried them in terms of class, the weight on his shoulders to show for the ball, beat min, win it, hit the pressure scores, take the frees and time and time again come up with goods. Monaghan were within a kick of an All Ireland final in an era where elitism has taken over and they have one of the smallest playing populations in the country.

There’s some great players mentioned above but they all play in great teams (bar O’Connor who is average).

1 Like

Murphy would have been an absolute shoo in up until the Ulster Final this year. On that basis I think McManus is the more solid choice

2010-2019

I’d go over the course but knock yourself out with your own criteria.

In that case Murphy all the way. He practically defined football throughout that time

1 Like

Gearoid Hegarty

2 Likes

Thats fine, narrows it down a bit to think on it to be honest

I’d be torn between Lee Keegan, Jack McCaffrey and Ryan McHugh.

Lee Keegan.

1 Like

CIllian o’connor For me,the man from ballintubber has carried mayo for many years

James McCarthy …by a distance…

6 Likes