Best of luck to Waterford hurlers this year

I want to publicly wish the lads the very best of luck for the year ahead. I believe that 2010 will be the year where we push ahead and bring back LIam McCArthy. With drug testing becoming more common within GAA circles I don’t believe the black and Amber cheats will be anywhere close to where they were for the last number of years. Also with the fall out from the penalty that never was in the all Ireland I reckon refs will be out to show that they can’t be seen to show favouritism to these cowboys.
Tip are in with a chance but I think after the stone throwers shit the course last year they will find It difficult reproduce any of the form from last year. Galway are Galway and are not worth worrying about as usual.
Limerick have been poisened by McCarthy as he tried t lo do with us but the lads were wise to his antics and gave him the door before he could pull any other strokes.
That leaves ourselves, no pressure on from anywhere, Davy has his feet firmly under the table now and the lads repond well to him so I truly believe that come sept we will do it

[quote=“Cian Foley”]I want to publicly wish the lads the very best of luck for the year ahead. I believe that 2010 will be the year where we push ahead and bring back LIam McCArthy. With drug testing becoming more common within GAA circles I don’t believe the black and Amber cheats will be anywhere close to where they were for the last number of years. Also with the fall out from the penalty that never was in the all Ireland I reckon refs will be out to show that they can’t be seen to show favouritism to these cowboys.
Tip are in with a chance but I think after the stone throwers shit the course last year they will find It difficult reproduce any of the form from last year. Galway are Galway and are not worth worrying about as usual.
Limerick have been poisened by McCarthy as he tried t lo do with us but the lads were wise to his antics and gave him the door before he could pull any other strokes.
That leaves ourselves, no pressure on from anywhere, Davy has his feet firmly under the table now and the lads repond well to him so I truly believe that come sept we will do it[/QUOTE]

Chokers

Chokers? Oh ya I forgot to mention the cork" rebels"

[quote=“Cian Foley”]I want to publicly wish the lads the very best of luck for the year ahead. I believe that 2010 will be the year where we push ahead and bring back LIam McCArthy. With drug testing becoming more common within GAA circles I don’t believe the black and Amber cheats will be anywhere close to where they were for the last number of years. Also with the fall out from the penalty that never was in the all Ireland I reckon refs will be out to show that they can’t be seen to show favouritism to these cowboys.
That leaves ourselves, no pressure on from anywhere, Davy has his feet firmly under the table now and the lads repond well to him so I truly believe that come sept we will do it[/QUOTE]

Any oul jobs goin down there butty i know a few fellas from Mullinavat who are at a loose end:thumbsup:,any heavily tatooed newcomers being sprung for the league??

Well done Waterford and I wish them all the best in the new decade.

Well done on doing what??,hosting the tall ships?,Chris Dorans big win in the singing?,fill us in there SS.

No link butty, no jobs for you and your crowd, if ts one thing I’ll say about the recession it brought a form of ethnic cleansing to Waterford

Well done Waterford!! Best of luck for 20 10

Everyone loves a lovable loser. Gwan the blue and white.

Ah, I’d love to see Waterford win an All-Ireland. T’would be nice for them

Waterford Village would be hopping if they won an All-Ireland.

I think Waterford should come into Leinster. It kind of seems to me that the blaas, despite having won three munsters, still dont really feel fully respected by the big two in Munster.
I think Waterford are looked down upon as being less munster than the rest of the province. I heard somewhere a good while back about one of the Munster players who had made a speech after the first Heiniken cup win, in which he thanked all the counties in the province, then listed them all out bar Waterford.

Kilkenny and Wexford, on the other hand, like Waterford. A lot of people from both counties go to school, college and work in Waterford. We appreciate Waterford city more than Munster does.
They should move to Leinster.

Good luck to Davy and the bois :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Waterford moving to Leinster wouldn’t be necessary, what would be the point from a hurling point of view ? Munster hurling is ten times more competitive than Leinster. What’s the point laying against teams like Wexford and Offaly who have no pride in themselves or their county? We’re grand where we are thanks and you will find that the munster titles we won are up there with the most memorable ones ever

Jays Cian, I think you overdid it with the black magic’s over Christmas

Drugs …Poison …September… and Davy’s feet under the table ha ha

for fucks sake he barely reaches it!

Tell you what: if Waherfurd bate any two from Cork, Dublin, Limerick or Galway in this years Hurling Championship I will personally commission a piece of the new Waherford Glass in your name. “The Cian Blag of the Blahs Foley Perpetual”

Forget about the hurling aspect. In general, ye’re appreciated more by ye’re Leinster neighbours than the munster counties. Much better craic in Leinster. Ye’re looked upon as the mad cousin who needs an eye kept on him by the rest of munster.
We in Leinster appreciate Waterford and all its quirky foibles. Come join us for de craic.

Great news in waterford recently with the decision of Gary hurney and shane walsh pledging their talent to Davy and the boys for the year ahead. Must have been hard on the lads trying to compete in both codes over the years. The panel is really building and looking stronger than ever, especially with the decision to rest the older lads which gives the younger lads a great chance go shine

Christ Cian you really need help

The very mention that Tony Browne & Co need resting tells me that yere getting yere excuses in early.

Cop on. John Mullane hardly needs resting. And the only thing Dan the Sham needs to rest is his gob.

Waherfurd without the players that are slated in for “resting” are nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Ye should be ashamed of yereselves

Gway girl, what would you know about sports, never mind anything to do with Waterford hurling. More in your line to be doing a bit of ironing or washing up of a Monday morning.

Atta Bhoy

And who said you were useless huh?

gotta go I need to txt the cleaner to reminder her to do the windows.

Glad to see we have taken our first of many pieces of silverware for the 2010 season by seeing off ucc in a bit of a practice match yesterday. Great to see young lads getting a run this year, just goes to show the amount of untapped talent there is in Waterford.
One thing which took away from the great win was the assault of one of our players by a cork mentor, resulting in the Waterford player getting a straight red card. From my vantage point it was clear that our players sending off will be overturned and action will be taken against the cork mentor, if there is any justice