Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part II

McGeady needs to get the fook out of Celtic. He’s not on enough money.

Over 300 posts and that’s even before the derby on December 27.

This really has been a big, big month for Celtic.

He should stay where he is because he could be another Liam Miller and flop in England.

Glasgow Celtic should buy him back. He would probably be free. He is a skilful player. He was outstanding in a couple of CL ties.

Aiden suspended for 2 weeks for breaching club discipline

CLUB STATEMENT

Following a breach of club discipline, Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has suspended Aiden McGeady from training with the first-team for two weeks and has fined the player two weeks’ wages.

Gordon’s decision has the full support of the Celtic Board of Directors.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]CLUB STATEMENT

Following a breach of club discipline, Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has suspended Aiden McGeady from training with the first-team for two weeks and has fined the player two weeks’ wages.

Gordon’s decision has the full support of the Celtic Board of Directors.[/quote]

That takes us neatly into January.

that’ll hardly go down well will it? how fecking bad was the argument that a player loses 2 weeks wages and is suspended? if he felt agrieved before, I’m sure he’s not feeling any better now.

It must ahve been a row of Saipan proportions. Have of ye with contacts in Celtic Park get any info on the nature of it?

This is fooking ridiculous. Suspending our own player for a derby match against our title rivals because of a dressing room bust up. An utter joke. Managers, players, pundits and ex-pros are constantly telling us stuff like this goes on behind the scenes all the time. So we go and suspend our own player because of such an incident. Fook off. Not to mention the fact he’s coming back from injury and needs to build up his fitness so we go and suspend him from training with the first team. This is quite a low.

[quote=“Bandage”]This is fooking ridiculous. Suspending our own player for a derby match against our title rivals because of a dressing room bust up. An utter joke. Managers, players, pundits and ex-pros are constantly telling us stuff like this goes on behind the scenes all the time. So we go and suspend our own player because of such an incident. Fook off. Not to mention the fact he’s coming back from injury and needs to build up his fitness so we go and suspend him from training with the first team. This is quite a low.

[/quote]

I dont think I have hated anyone as much as I hate Strachan right now

The managers authority must be total. Strachan would hardly have done this if his authority wasn’t challenged by McGeady as I’m sure he’s more aware than anyone of the consequences. The manager cannot be undermined, end of story.

Ridiculous decision. Things haven’t been right between Strachan and McGeady for a fair while now. From the outside it appears as though McGeady has been treated really poorly by Strachan but this is a new low. Suspending our best player when he is just regaining his form and fitness. Not on. This decision can only increase chances of McGeady going in January. Said before that I couldn’t blame McGeady if he wanted to leave as his talent and effort should be rewarded better, now I’d probably look to move on if I was him myself.

I got the impression that Aiden stood his ground and refused to apologise to Strachan and the suspension came on the back of that.

The quotes from his agent about appealing the punishment and feeling it was completely unjustified would tend to back this up.

From BBC:

McGeady handed Celtic suspension

Celtic midfielder Aiden McGeady has been fined two weeks’ wages and suspended for the next two games for a breach of club discipline.

McGeady was reported to have clashed with manager Gordon Strachan following the 1-1 draw with Hearts on Saturday

Celtic said in a statement: “Gordon’s decision has the full support of the Celtic board of directors.”

McGeady’s agent David Holbrook said he was disappointed and told BBC Scotland that the 22-year-old would appeal.

Reports claim that relations between the pair are at an all-time low after an argument in the dressing-room following Saturday’s draw with Hearts.

Holbrook said: "I can confirm that Aiden has been fined by the club and suspended. He’s shocked, disappointed and I can say he will be appealing.

“He feels that the action is completely unjustified.”

McGeady’s agent said he hoped the problems between the midfielder and Strachan could be resolved.

Holbrook said that the Republic of Ireland international would be disappointed to miss the Old Firm derby at Ibrox on 27 December.

“He wants to play in that game and every Celtic game,” Holbrook added.

"He remains 110% Celtic; he’s supported them, trained with them and loves them.

“But there’s a difference between how Aiden feels he’s been treated by the club’s hierarchy as opposed to his relationship with the club at large.”

The return to Celtic from Aston Villa of Shaun Maloney has increased the competition for the wide berths with the Scottish champions this season.

Strachan has at times left McGeady, who has also been hampered by injury, out of his starting line-up.

Earlier in the week, Holbrook had denied knowledge of any bust-up between the pair.

Crisis averted. Niall McGinn has officially signed. From the official site:

NIALL McGINN has today joined Celtic from Derry City on a three-and-a-half year deal. The Irish winger will officially become a Celtic player when the transfer window opens on January 1, 2009.

Formerly of Dungannon Swifts, the 21-year-old joined Derry City last year and was recently voted Young Player of the Year in the Eircom League.

A full Northern Ireland internationalist, McGinn shunned interest from England to sign up with his boyhood heroes and was overjoyed to join Celtic.

He said: Im absolutely delighted to be here. Its been a great season for me with Derry and to now have joined Celtic just tops it all off.

There was another club showing real interest, but when I knew Celtic wanted to sign me, my mind was made up. Ive just been working hard and Im over the moon to get it all sorted.

This is a great club. Ive supported Celtic since I was a boy and the stadium is incredible. Ive had a look around Lennoxtown as well and its a top-class facility. I just cant wait to get started now and get in training with all the players.

Its been a great year for me. Stephen Kenny gave me a chance of full-time football and Ive got a lot to thank him for. To get voted Young Player of the Year, make my international debut and then sign for Celtic is a dream.

A former team-mate of Paddy McCourt, McGinn can play on either wing and hopes to make a long-term impression on the Celtic side.

Im a winger and I like to get at defenders, he said. I can play on the right or left and I just want to make a contribution at Celtic.

Ive had a chat with Paddy and the likes of Neil Lennon. Paddy said it was a dream for him to play for Celtic and I feel the same way. Im just going to work hard and hopefully take any chances that come my way.

Paddy’s made two substitute appearances and been on the pitch for about 6 minutes in total!

[quote=“Bandage”]Crisis averted. Niall McGinn has officially signed. From the official site:

Paddy’s made two substitute appearances and been on the pitch for about 6 minutes in total![/quote]

6 minutes more than you Bandage- 6 minutes would be enough to satisfy most of our dreams.

Question: Who is Aiden going to appeal the suspension to?

Looks like he is on his way out though- can see him going now.

WBY

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]6 minutes more than you Bandage- 6 minutes would be enough to satisfy most of our dreams.

Question: Who is Aiden going to appeal the suspension to?

Looks like he is on his way out though- can see him going now.

WBY[/quote]

True enough on the 6 minutes.

I think he’d take his case to the Scottish Professional Footballers’ Association and they’d appeal to the SFA on his behalf.

The away support on Sunday will overwhelmingly show who they’re behind in all of this.

Banning him from training and playing for 2 weeks - what a stupid pack of cunts.

[quote=“Bandage”]True enough on the 6 minutes.

I think he’d take his case to the Scottish Professional Footballers’ Association and they’d appeal to the SFA on his behalf.

The away support on Sunday will overwhelmingly show who they’re behind in all of this.

Banning him from training and playing for 2 weeks - what a stupid pack of cunts.[/quote]

Im sure Mcgeady just reposnded in the smae fashion we all did when faced with a ginger adversary

Called him a foxy cunt and ran :stuck_out_tongue:

Bye Bye Aiden. If the board have backed Gs then Aiden will be gone in Janaury.

The reports are that Strachan started off on Caldwell, then laid into Samaras, next up was Brown and they all silently accepted the ‘hairdryer’ treatment.

Then he moved onto Aiden and had a go at him - not as severe as the other three - and it was for not following instructions, i.e. not hugging the touchline and staying out wide left.

Basically, McGeady went wondering to get into the game as Mark Wilson at left back wouldn’t be able to find his testicles inside his underpants, never mind find McGeady with quick ball to allow him drive at the defenders.

Apparently, McGeady rejected the criticism and repeated the same personal insult to Strachan six times.

McGeady: You ginger cunt.
Strachan: What did you say?

And now he’s going to miss the derby. Joke.

Fook you Strachan - you ginger cunt.