Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part II

[quote=“north county corncrake”]what did it say

hopefully this is the turning point for mcgeadys season & he has a good 2nd half with celtic[/quote]

They just gave the background and speculation that’s been covered on here.

Then they interviewed Murdo McLeod and he basically said nobody at all’s a winner.

Not the club, not Strachan and not Aiden and we’re hurting ourselves.

[quote=“Bandage”]They just gave the background and speculation that’s been covered on here.

Then they interviewed Murdo McLeod and he basically said nobody at all’s a winner.

Not the club, not Strachan and not Aiden and we’re hurting ourselves.[/quote]

im sure it will be sorted

McGeady is obviously a little toe rag, i think Strachan would be justified in sacking the little cunt but he’s playing it cute as McGeady has a bit of a fan club for some reason.
Celtic supporters are in fairyland if they think McGeady staying would be good for the club, he has crossed the line and no manager will put up with that trampish behaviour.
Will he be backed everytime he has a go at a manager?, if so Celtic are fucked. Finished!

The Daily Ranger’s take on the whole thing

Aiden McGeady has been told to apologise to manager Gordon Strachan to save his Celtic career.

Record Sport understands the troubled 22-year-old has been ordered to say sorry to Strachan in writing following his outburst in the aftermath of Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Hearts.

Failure to do so will render the stormy relationship between manager and player broken beyond repair.

That will make McGeady’s position in Strachan’s dressing room untenable - and almost certainly result in his sale in next month’s transfer window.

Sources close to McGeady were adamant last night the Republic of Ireland international star will refuse to give in to Strachan’s demands, raising fears the gifted winger has played for the Parkhead club for the last time.

McGeady and his father John, who plays a key role in the affairs of last season’s Player of the Year, are believed to be outraged by what they regard as victimisation.

And unless there is a dramatic change of heart they will be looking for a new club in the New Year.

McGeady was yesterday summoned for showdown talks with Strachan and Peter Lawwell, hit with a massive two-week fine - costing him 32,000 - and banned from all first team activities for a fortnight.

It means he will not play in the crunch Old Firm clash at Ibrox on December 27.

McGeady will appeal the ban but it looks like the end for the player. He was said to be shocked and believes the action taken after a Lennoxtown meeting was “completely unjustified”.

The transfer window opens four days after the game with Rangers and if McGeady has not apologised in writing by then a parting of the ways will be inevitable.

He could not hold his tongue after being criticised by the manager for his performance against Hearts as Celtic failed to stretch their lead at the top of the SPL table by two further points. He railed furiously against Strachan who believes McGeady showed him a lack of respect by snapping back when other first-team stars including Scott Brown, Georgios Samaras and Gary Caldwell took similar savagings without answering back.

Celtic made it clear last night that the board fully support Strachan although the fans were not lining up to back him.

They know they’ll be without injured Shaun Maloney and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink for the Old Firm game and the loss of their favourite, McGeady, because he took on the manager could cause resentment.

But Strachan believed he had no choice. His authority was challenged and he proved again he is not afraid of making big decisions or taking drastic action.

All the other first-team players witnessed the row leaving the manager with no room to manoeuvre.

A strong stand had to be taken even though he knew he would be risking the wrath of sections of the support.

But Strachan’s decision was brave and necessary and a club statement said: "Following a breach of club discipline, Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has suspended Aiden McGeady from training with the first team for two weeks and has fined the player two weeks’ wages.

“Gordon’s decision has the full support of the Celtic Board of Directors.”

McGeady’s agent David Holbrook said: “I can confirm that Aiden has been fined by the club and suspended.”

He would not be drawn on whether McGeady would consider his future at Celtic. He said: “Let’s just say we intend to appeal and see what the panel decides.”

[quote=“north county corncrake”]its disrespectful to do it to your manager - imagine some young player breaking into the utd team who has potential but is arrogant calling fergie a prick - how long would he last

[/quote]

whats with your obsession with Ferguson lately NCC ?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]mcgeady has been fairly shit this year, he was terrible vs the huns in the last game & i dont think he has ever played well at ibrox

wgs has won three in a row & still a certain element want him out- they are using this to attack him but in reality he is in the right here-

broadfoot pissed on mcgeady in the last game -thats how bad it got[/quote]

I agree with NCC here about Strachan. Why do a certain element still want him out? The same people idiolise MON. A mate of mine from work is from Glasgow and is a true diehard fan. He reckons it is due to WGS being from the ‘wrong side of the tracks’. A sad state of affairs in 2008.

Surely all Glasgow Celtic supporters should back their manager here for the good of their club.

Ah you’d never call your manager a prick or a cunt and get away with it. No way, some sort of punishment would have to be dished out. That would be the case even at junior level

[quote=“Locke”]Ah you’d never call your manager a prick or a cunt and get away with it. No way, some sort of punishment would have to be dished out. That would be the case even at junior level

[/quote]

the punishment does not fit the crime though Locke.

2 weeks wages and warned of his future conduct would have been excessive but id say young Aiden would probably have accepted that.

to suspend the lad is a disgrace.

strachan will be left in no doubt who the fans are behind on sunday

McGeady comes across as a little bit of a spoilt brat. In any environment you have to respect your superiors authority and throwing your toys out of the pram when you’re criticised isn’t going to get you anywhere. If he had a problem with Strachan he should have spoken one on one with him rather than making a show of him in front of everyone else. Bandage, if you’re manager criticised something you did in front of the team do you think you could get away with ranting and raving at him in front of everyone else? I’d be fairly sure you’d have a P45 in your arse pocket by that evening.

McGeady has the potential to be one of the best wingers in the world but unless he sorts this sort of crap out he’ll do long term damage to himself. I’ve never seen him completely dominate a game and perform at a consistent level against quality opposition. There’s been flashes but even watching him playing for Ireland in the flesh has been a let down. He’s great going by people and creating space but his final ball needs to be worked on. If he does move on I’d hate to see him go somewhere like Newcastle or Sunderland. If Munich are seriously interested I think it’d be a good move as it’d put discipline on him that he wouldnt get in any other clubs.

[quote=“KIB man”]I agree with NCC here about Strachan. Why do a certain element still want him out? The same people idiolise MON. A mate of mine from work is from Glasgow and is a true diehard fan. He reckons it is due to WGS being from the ‘wrong side of the tracks’. A sad state of affairs in 2008.

Surely all Glasgow Celtic supporters should back their manager here for the good of their club.

[/quote]

i assume you are trying to get a reaction by referring to the club as Glasgow Celtic KIB…childish to say the least.

You say a certain element want him out…I can assure you it is a large majority. Of all the Celtic fans on here, I think NCC is the only one who supports him on this matter - although deep down I think he is winding us up.

Go across to other Celtic fora and you will see what the Celtic support think of Strachan this morning.

Could you flesh out your “wrong side of the tracks” comment please

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]i assume you are trying to get a reaction by referring to the club as Glasgow Celtic KIB…childish to say the least.

[/quote]

No wind up here but

Why would referring to the club as Glasgow Celtic be an issue? Is that not what its called

[quote=“dancarter”]No wind up here but

Why would referring to the club as Glasgow Celtic be an issue? Is that not what its called[/quote]

no

huh!

I genuinely didnt know that. I have often heard them referred to as Glasgow Celtic Im sure

[quote=“dancarter”]huh!

I genuinely didnt know that. I have often heard them referred to as Glasgow Celtic Im sure[/quote]

maybe you heard them called that but its not their name

He’s being retarded DB-you get used to it.

calm down lad or your tone might be called into question

Any chance you would elaborate on this, why do people call them Glasgow Celtic if thats not there name. dancing baby seemed to think it was an insult?

Mac, I think an office environment is completely different to a football dressing room. I’ve heard that argument put forward but cursing, heated arguments, confrontation and all the rest is common place in top level sport. But if you’re to run with that comparison, if my manager had an issue with my performance, I’d expect him to tell me privately rather than bawling out about it in the middle of the office floor in front of everyone else.

Fair point but I still think the way he went about it was wrong.

dan, the official title is The Celtic Football Club and Glasgow isn’t mentioned in it. It doesn’t bother me if someone prefaces the name with ‘Glasgow’ but supporters would almost unanimously use ‘Celtic’ on its own.