Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part IV

I’ve never done the stadium tour myself. Any time we’re over for midweek games and staying overnight, we’ll usually mention the possibility of doing the tour the day after the game but we never really have any intention of going ahead with it and just go to the pub again. Lennoxtown’s on the northern outskirts of the city and a bit from the city centre. I’ll make an enquiry on one of the Celtic boards and see if the tour or a trip to Lennoxtown comes recommended.

Bit of a waste of time is it? Went on the Old Trafford/tour museum myself one day and found it interesting enough. Some good displays and videos in the museum and getting into the dressing rooms and players bar etc was worth a look I thought.

Good man, thanks Bandmeister general…

Are any BRECSC/TFKCSC members going to the League Cup Final on 15 March? Flight costs are meant to be ridiculous - Aer Lingus and Ryanair always significantly ramp up the cost on a Bank Holiday weekend or for something like Paddy’s Day. Ireland are playing Scotland in Murrayfield the day before too so that’s probably having an impact. Tickets will be extremely scarce obviously.

Another one to remember is that the last weekend of the league season (Sunday May 24) is the same weekend of the Heineken Cup rugby final at Murrayfield (Sat 23rd at 5pm).

Why was Willo Flood so cheap…80k doesn’t seem much…was he out of contract in June…

The Scottish Cup Final on Saturday, May 30th clashes with Leinster hurling championship action between Wexford and the Biffs from Wexford Park too. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

gola, got a few response - not bad given most folk are venting about a combination or all of Strachan, the Board and the squad.

They said Lennoxtown’s not worth the bother as they only do tours in the summer when the squad aren’t around. There’s no access and the only public activity would be kids waiting outside to try get players’ autographs as they’re leaving.

The Celtic Park stadium tour got a general thumbs up. Tickets can be bought in the Celtic Superstore outside the ground and they take place throughout the day. They said you get a good look around and they go into a lot of detail about the club’s history and origins and great players as part of it (in an interesting way).

There’s a Scottish Football Museum in Hampden Park too:

http://www.scottishfootballmuseum.org.uk/

…he’s no robbie keane

Never done the stadium tour, it’s supposed to be decent.

Good interview with Flood that. Couple of funny bits, particularly about Keane getting the kit manager to give him his shirt in person. That’s the mark of the man!

The mark of the man would have been Keane bothering to do it himself.

I’m in Scotland that weekend so will definitely be attending if I can get a ticket.

[quote=“Bandage”]
When he was informed that Roy Keane wore the same number during his short spell at Parkhead, a broad grin spread across his elfin features.[/quote]

Particular favourite adjective of journos, I’d be fucked off if someone told me I looked like an elf

Is the shirt still in the washing machine? why doesn’t the lazy bitch go and get it?

[quote=“therock67”]I’m in Scotland that weekend so will definitely be attending if I can get a ticket.

[/quote]

Rock the following might interest you

LEAGUE CUP FINAL SHOWDOWN!
CELTIC V RANGERS - 15TH MARCH 2009
CO-OPERATIVE INSURANCE CUP FINAL

PLATINUM PACKAGE IN NUMBER 7

Match Ticket
Car Parking at Celtic Park
Champagne Reception (served at 12.30pm)
Official match day programme
Souvenir gift
4-Course fine dining with choice wine list
Complimentary pre-match bar from 12.30pm (waiter/waitress service)
Transfer by coach to & from the National Stadium
Hot fork buffet on return to Celtic Park
Pay bar facility available
A chance to meet and have photographs taken with Celtic Icons!
Pre match discussion with Celtic Icons
Matchday betting

The price of this package is 200 + VAT per person

GOLD PACKAGE IN THE KERRYDALE SUITE / NORTH LOUNGES

Match Ticket
Souvenir gift
3 course carvery meal
Finger buffet on return to Celtic Park
Post match entertainment & pay bar facility available
Matchday betting

The price of this package is 165 + VAT per person

Hope to get on the AICSC charter day trip. it hasn’t been confirmed yet as they are meeting with Celtic today re ticket allocation. Will find out in the next day or so if we got an allocation of tickets!

Some folk in Celtic cyberspace are going apeshit that we were bidding for Steven Fletcher while Zenit snapped up this Huszti character to replace Arshavin, even though we were tracking him for the past few months. I haven’t seen him play so I’m not particularly annoyed and we’re well covered for wide midfield areas. He may have been a good one to get if Naka leaves in the summer though.

Huszti would have joined - Agent

Szabolcs Huszti’s agent says the Hungarian would have been willing to join Celtic if the SPL champions had not wanted to wait until the summer.

The Hungarian playmaker signed for Zenit St Petersburg before the close of the transfer window as a replacement for the Arsenal-bound Andrey Arshavin.

Hamburg had also been keen to capture Huszti, while Celtic were hoping to sign him on a free transfer when his contract at Hannover expired in the summer.

Huszti’s representative Vladan Filipovic was expecting an offer from the Bhoys, but the player is now happy to have agreed a deal with UEFA Cup holders Zenit.

“I expected an offer from Celtic and I can say they were interested,” said Filipovic in the Daily Record.

"I spoke with (chief executive) Peter Lawwell and they were correct in their negotiations. But like a few others they wanted to sign him on a pre-contract.

"Hamburg and Zenit wanted him now and the most important thing is Zenit bought him.

"That says everything about how they wanted him because he had only six months of his contract to run and they paid.

"I was in Glasgow one time to speak with Celtic about Szabolcs and he knew everything that was going on and that Hannover would sell if they got good money.

"Szabolcs would have come to Celtic, but they wanted to wait until the summer.

"It was a last-minute decision by Zenit and we signed on Sunday so he could make their list for the Uefa Cup.

“Szabolcs is happy because Zenit are a big club and St Petersburg is a nice city.”

[quote=“Bandage”]gola, got a few response - not bad given most folk are venting about a combination or all of Strachan, the Board and the squad.

They said Lennoxtown’s not worth the bother as they only do tours in the summer when the squad aren’t around. There’s no access and the only public activity would be kids waiting outside to try get players’ autographs as they’re leaving.

The Celtic Park stadium tour got a general thumbs up. Tickets can be bought in the Celtic Superstore outside the ground and they take place throughout the day. They said you get a good look around and they go into a lot of detail about the club’s history and origins and great players as part of it (in an interesting way).

There’s a Scottish Football Museum in Hampden Park too:

http://www.scottishfootballmuseum.org.uk/[/quote]

Thanks Bandage, might give it a look. Will have to go to the Ibrox one too though for balance!

Seems weird. To be honest if he wanted to come I don’t see why he didn’t or why he didn’t wait at least. The most likely story is that he’s getting an absolute fortune at Zenit and it’s highly unlikely we’d compete with them on wages. Sad but that’s the way these days.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Rock the following might interest you

LEAGUE CUP FINAL SHOWDOWN!
CELTIC V RANGERS - 15TH MARCH 2009
CO-OPERATIVE INSURANCE CUP FINAL

PLATINUM PACKAGE IN NUMBER 7

Match Ticket
Champagne Reception (served at 12.30pm)
Souvenir gift
4-Course fine dining with choice wine list
Hot fork buffet on return to Celtic Park
Pay bar facility available
Pre match discussion with Celtic Icons
Matchday betting

The price of this package is 200 + VAT per person

GOLD PACKAGE IN THE KERRYDALE SUITE / NORTH LOUNGES

Match Ticket
Souvenir gift
3 course carvery meal
Finger buffet on return to Celtic Park
Post match entertainment & pay bar facility available
Matchday betting

The price of this package is 165 + VAT per person[/quote]

a pay bar?

Celtic have given Naka tomorrow off. Japan are hosting Australia in a crucial Asian World Cup qualifier next Wednesday so they allowed him to fly out yesterday so he doesn’t have two long distance flights in a really short space of time ahead of the derby on Sunday week. Scott McDonald will be playing for Australia so it’s not ideal having 2 players travelling such huge distances. Our strikers need goals so I reckon he’ll play a strong enough team tomorrow.

The Scottish tabloids are reporting that Boruc battered McGeady with his holy hands after training on Thursday. A few respected posters on Celtic boards had mentioned it on Thursday evening before the papers had published anything so it appears something happened and it’s not the usual stirring. There appears to be lots of stuff going on behind the scenes at Celtic this season:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/02/07/exclusive-gordon-strachan-forced-to-act-as-peacemaker-after-artur-boruc-batters-celtic-team-mate-aiden-mcgeady-86908-21103804/

Exclusive: Gordon Strachan forced to act as peacemaker after Artur Boruc batters Celtic team-mate Aiden McGeady

Feb 7 2009 By Keith Jackson

GORDON STRACHAN has averted a full-blown crisis from breaking out inside his dressing room - after goalkeeper Artur Boruc battered team-mate Aiden McGeady.

Record Sport can today reveal the astonishing events behind the scenes at the Lennoxtown HQ on Thursday when Boruc and McGeady clashed following a training ground bust-up.

Strachan’s man-management skills were tested to the full by the flashpoint that left McGeady with facial injuries.

It’s understood a row broke out between the pair during a session on the pitch.

Strachan tried to play the incident down yesterday as a run-of-the-mill argument but when the pair returned to the changing rooms Boruc laid midfielder McGeady out with two punches to the face.

The keeper’s aggressive attitude shocked team-mates and coaching staff alike.

It was then that Strachan ordered both players into his office for showdown talks and managed to broker a peace deal that has stopped McGeady from demanding further punitive action.

Republic of Ireland star McGeady, who was suspended from the first team for two weeks and fined a fortnight’s wages after an angry blast at his boss earlier this season, is believed to be happy with the way Strachan dealt with this latest flashpoint even if it means Boruc is spared similar hard-line punishment.

Strachan’s ability to diffuse the row could play a major role in keeping his side on track for a fourth consecutive SPL crown.

Had Boruc been booted out of his first-team plans, he would have been sitting out next week’s crucial Old Firm derby.

Both players are likely to start today’s Scottish Cup clash with Queen’s Park as Celtic continue their quest for the first ever domestic clean sweep under Strachan’s leadership.

Shaun Maloney, missing for the last two months due to injury, could come back as Shunsuke Nakamura’s replacement.

Strachan said: “I could be tempted to give Shaun some game time before the match against Rangers.”

New signing Willo Flood is ineligible, having played for Dundee United in the Cup.

Barry Robson and Glenn Loovens are struggling with injury. Strachan revealed the Dutch defender’s thigh problem stopped him allowing Darren O’Dea to go out on loan.

The boss said: “Darren is ready to be a first-team player but it would have been madness for me to let him go when we were affected by injury.”

Strachan announced he has no interest in Ian Harte who pulled out of a move to St Mirren.

Exclusive fight footage: