Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part IV

Celtic Team Today:

Boruc,
Hinkel, Caldwell, O’Dea, Naylor,
McGeady, Hartley, Crosas, Maloney,
McDonald, Vennegoor of Hesselink,

McCourt and Misun are among those on the bench.

good to see maloney back

I meant to post Maloney. Ah well.

I’ll edit it now.

Any links bandage?

Celtic 1-0 up…Gary Caldwell with the goal

Haven’t found any yet - will post one up if I get any.

1-0 Caldwell.

Looks like we’re linkless today.

Crosas has been forced off. He was caught in a challenge - hopefully it’s precautionary.

Donati is on for him.

McCourt came on for the returning Maloney after an hour.

They pulled back a goal a few minutes ago and it’s 2-1 to the 'tic. McDonald had made it 2-0 on the stroke of half time.

It’s pretty unacceptable that the second division, amateur side are having the better of the second half.

Celtic need to collectively cop the fook on ahead of the derby next week.

McGeady with the hint of a black eye today:

Rubbish performance again by all accounts. The derby will surely focus minds and it would fooking want to.

Heard McGeady had another great game though.

A brightish spark in a performance that went from uninspiring to pretty shambolic seems to be the consensus. It’s fairly inconceivable that a group of amateurs could win the second half at Celtic Park. Even if Celtic were playing shit, which they were by all accounts, their fitness should have told. It suggests some players were going through the motions and Donati reeked of not giving a shit when he came on, as far as I can gather.

I’m getting more concerned by Celtic by the week - the performances are becoming more insipid and when players aren’t fighting with the manager, they seem to be fighting with each other. I don’t think things are ‘right’ behind the scenes and it’s started to come to the surface and become apparent on the pitch.

Derbies are always unpredictable but I don’t know what the fook will happen next week the way things are going.

celtic v Hamilton, 10 yo yo’s return
GOING OUT
From Dublin (DUB) to Glasgow (Prestwick) (PIK)
Sat, 04Apr09 Flight FR 776 Depart DUB at 11:00 and arrive PIK at 11:50
COMING BACK
From Glasgow (Prestwick) (PIK) to Dublin (DUB)
Sat, 04Apr09 Flight FR 777 Depart PIK at 22:35 and arrive DUB at 23:25

to avoid cc charges you can purchase ryanair vouchers (only available in multiples of 25) and you dont get your change. I booked flights for me and the bro, cost €20, used a ryaniar voucher (€25) saved €15 as would have cost €40 with cc charge!

Scottish Cup quarter final draw:

Motherwell or St Mirren v Celtic
Airdrie Utd or Dunfermline Athletic v Aberdeen or East Fife
Inverness CT v Falkirk
Forfar Athletic or huns v Hamilton Accies

Ties to be played on the weekend of 7 March.

I was watching the Daily Huddle on Celtic TV just now. Neil Lennon said Crosas received a sore one on his fibia but it’s no worse than bruising and he should return to training during the week. McManus didn’t feature at the weekend as he felt discomfort in his knee last Friday, but he should be fit for the weekend. Scott Brown was simply rested on Saturday.

Encouragingly, Lennon praised Darren O’Dea for his performance on Saturday and his work and attitude in training this season. He said they decided he was too good a player to send out on loan and that he expects him to be heavily involved in the run in. Fair enough, but I’ll be pissed off if Loovens continues to get the nod ahead of him in the absence of either Caldwell or McManus.

Tosh McKinlay picked his team for the derby:
Boruc,
Hinkel, Caldwell, McManus, Naylor,
Flood, Robson, Brown, McGeady,
McDonald, Hesselink.

He reckons the travelling to and from Japan will rule Naka out but I expect Naka to play.

Any reports on how Flood has been getting on?

Back online and back with a tv connection after a horrible spell in limbo there. Missed the last two Celtic games completely but haven’t missed much by all accounts I’ve read so far.

I reckon Maloney might feature on the weekend as Strachan was making noises previously about giving him game time ahead of Rangers match. I also read comments from Strachan praising O’Dea’s performance on Saturday. Was a little surprised as always think Strachan is too harsh on O’Dea. Can’t see Flood starting anyway

From Celtic Quick News:

Two Latvians on trial at Lennoxtown before Christmas, Anton Kurakins, 19-year-old defender and Krijānis Vallers, 18-year-old winger, signed three year contracts for Celtic last week adding to the considerable teenage haul brought into the club recently.

The join the three Czechs, also given trials, who joined during the window, 18-year-old Milan Misun and twins, Filip and Patrik Twardzik, who will turn 16 this week, signed from the Hertha Berlin youth system.

[quote=“Bandage”]From Celtic Quick News:

Two Latvians on trial at Lennoxtown before Christmas, Anton Kurakins, 19-year-old defender and Krijānis Vallers, 18-year-old winger, signed three year contracts for Celtic last week adding to the considerable teenage haul brought into the club recently.

The join the three Czechs, also given trials, who joined during the window, 18-year-old Milan Misun and twins, Filip and Patrik Twardzik, who will turn 16 this week, signed from the Hertha Berlin youth system.[/quote]

why would hertha let 2 good young players go?

I don’t know NCC. I suppose it could be that they don’t think the lads will make it. Maybe we nabbed them from Hertha before they signed official professional forms - again, only speculating here.

There’s a disturbing rumour on a few Celtic boards that ex-hun and scheidt Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes has agreed to join on a Bosman in the summer.

[quote=“Bandage”]I don’t know NCC. I suppose it could be that they don’t think the lads will make it. Maybe we nabbed them from Hertha before they signed official professional forms - again, only speculating here.

There’s a disturbing rumour on a few Celtic boards that ex-hun and scheidt Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes has agreed to join on a Bosman in the summer.[/quote]

was wondering did we poach them or were they let go myself

got a text about hughes as well