Big, Big Month For Celtic

Scottish League Cup Semi-Final Draw is due at some stage today.

Prediction:
Falkirk vs Dundee Utd
Celtic vs Huns

Poundage, i see some of the papers were raving about mizuno’s performance when introduced on saturday…has he been at celtic a while now without ever figuring?..i thought he was meant to be muck…more an acquisition so naka has someone to talk to i thought…

Nah he’s supposed to be quality. He’s young and needed time to get used to the physicality but he’s very different to Naka - speaks a small bit of English and he’s big into playstation which has apparently helped him get on with the other lads.

Bit much to be raving about his performance on Saturday though, wasn’t on long enough at all. Did go by players nice and handy though and he’s been doing well for the reserves.

[quote=“Bandage”]Scottish League Cup Semi-Final Draw is due at some stage today.

Prediction:
Falkirk vs Dundee Utd
Celtic vs Huns

[/quote]

The draw is at 3.00 today Bandage.

Hopefully it will go off smoother than last year’s when they somehow made an absolute balls of it.

Best of luck with your wish to see Rangers in the final anyway

Good to see Rocko acknowledge his expanding waistline by answering cumspot’s question addressed to Poundage. I agree with the fat Fingal native though - Mizuno made a few busy runs and shot over the bar but he was only on for 5 minutes against a beaten team. He’s showing promise in the reserves all the same.

dancingbaby, it’ll be smashing for football in the city if both Glasgow based teams make it through to the final. You’re so small-minded and strike me as the type of Celtic supporter who would revel in Kevin Thomson’s season ending injury. Disappointing.

It’s nigh on impossible to pick a team for tonight as I don’t know how along with their recoveries the returning players are and if they’ll be risked from the start. If I had to guess, I’d say Naka’s most likely to feature from the start and possibly in place of Robson with an otherwise unchanged team of:

Brown,
Hinkel, Super Gary Caldwell, McManus, Wilson,
Naka, Brown, Hartley, Maloney,
Sheridan, McDonald.

Subs:
Fox, O’Dea, Robson, Samaras, Loovens, Caddis, Donati.

Are Setanta showing any live SPL action tonight ?

Presume its Motherwell - Huns if they are

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Are Setanta showing any live SPL action tonight ?

Presume its Motherwell - Huns if they are[/quote]

You presume correctly dancingbaby.

cheers bandage…a nervous wreck here with the impending draw

No update lads???

Draw just made.

Celtic/Dundee Utd
Huns/Falkirk

About time we beat these cunts in a cup final, albeit the diddiest of cups.

falkirk v celtic
rangers v dundee united

Good to see the Cavan Colossus has no intention of meekly surrenduring his first-team place.

Sheridan not willing to give up his spot

Cillian Sheridan has no intention of making way for Celtic’s regular strikers when they return from injury.

The 19-year-old Irishman grabbed a brace in last night’s 3-0 home win over Kilmarnock, which stretched his side’s lead over rivals Rangers at the top of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League to four points.

Sheridan’s progress since arriving in Glasgow two years ago has been hampered by injury, with manager Gordon Strachan claiming he was two years behind others of the same age in terms of his football development.

However, due to recent injuries to first-choice attackers Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Georgios Samaras and back-up striker Chris Killen, Sheridan was fast-tracked in to the team and has begun to forge a partnership with last season’s top scorer, Scott McDonald.

Samaras’s appearance as a second-half substitute against Killie provided the first hint of a threat to Sheridan’s place but the lanky striker is adamant he will not be slipping out of the scene and back to the reserves.

‘In the last month, I’ve had to believe that I am a Celtic player and take it all on in,’ Sheridan said.

‘I had to take my chance and the last two or three weeks have been brilliant. It’s unfortunate for the players that are out at the moment but it’s been fortunate for me.’

'I am glad that I have the chance and hopefully I will take it. Georgios is back training and he came on against Kilmarnock and it’s down to the manager but hopefully I will stay in the team.

'Since I came to the club, I have been scoring a lot of goals. I’m pleased that I’ve scored goals since coming in to the first team because there is always the pressure on a striker.

'The manager has told me that he doesn’t want me to be seen as a 19-year-old and that I’m a man the same as everyone else. Hopefully I am showing that.

‘I feel fit and match-sharp. I’ve had to work mainly on my strength and holding off players. I’m a tall striker, it’s important that I hold the ball up and take the pressure off the rest of the team.’

Sheridan expressed his gratitude to McDonald for helping him adapt to the rigours of first-team football.

He said: 'That’s the last four or five games Scott and I have started in attack, we are learning about each other. I am getting used to the way he plays and he is getting used to the way I play.

‘He has been brilliant, talking me through what I have to do in training.’

Sheridan also paid tribute to the strength in depth of the Hoops’ squad who have, on the domestic front at least, shrugged off their injury problems to put more daylight between them and Rangers at the top of the table.

He said: ‘During the week, we had eleven players injured so to be able to keep on winning and playing really well shows how strong a squad we have at the moment.’

very dsappointing to see John Reids influenece at Celtic-they somehow managed to see who left the ground last week at the protest & threw them out of the Killie game

Celtic FC RIP

They’ve released a statement tonight claiming that no supporters were banned last night. Just a mere coincidence that they randomly turfed people out from the section that protested on Saturday. Terribly disappointing.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_131108163449.aspx

celtic football club statement

Newsroom Staff

CELTIC Football Club have released a statement following Wednesday nights game against Kilmarnock at Celtic Park.

In response to inquiries received by the Club today, Celtic Football Club can confirm that a number of people were ejected from the stadium during last night’s match at Celtic Park.

This was mainly due to the fact that these supporters were in the wrong areas of the stadium and followed numerous complaints from other season ticket holders close by.

No supporters have been banned. However, each individual will be written to with regards to this issue and be given advice on how to conduct themselves within the stadium in the future.

"These ejections were completely unrelated to last Saturday’s match.

For anyone who hasn’t seen why Kevin Thomson is a cheating cunt, here’s what happened last year. Karma is sweet

[media=youtube]s20sSrmnzhc

Having dived once or twice myself I can sort of excuse his dive but him being down for the next few minutes and being stretchered off should surely be embarrassing for him.

[quote=“therock67”]For anyone who hasn’t seen why Kevin Thomson is a cheating cunt, here’s what happened last year. Karma is sweet

YouTube - cheating kevin thomson[/quote]

spit on the fucker:D

[quote=“therock67”]For anyone who hasn’t seen why Kevin Thomson is a cheating cunt, here’s what happened last year. Karma is sweet

YouTube - cheating kevin thomson[/quote]

That commentary is feicin brilliant

It’s cracking commentary isn’t it. Hope that fucking stretcher breaks. 49 seconds in and the cunt isn’t even pretending he’s injured anymore. But he turns it on again when he decides there’s more time to be wasted.

Glaswegians love the phrase ‘by the way’. Knew a cunt from there who was constantly saying it…