Big, Big Month For Celtic

What’s Bellers’ Irish link? Think he was over at a couple of Irish rugby or soccer games in Croke Park and is also a Celtic fan. Has he Irish parents or anything?

Banter Mac, banter. Think he said that to a lower league player during a cup tie - Clyde rings a bell. The controversy with Hibs was when he refused to shake Gary Caldwell’s hand after a game. Not sure what happened that Caldwell lad since he left Hibs though. Always looked a player when I saw him.

I don’t actually think there’s a family connection to Ireland Gola. He took a shine to Celtic as a kid and enjoyed his time playing for the club. Not sure if he was invited over here to some supporters events while he was at Celtic (there was defo a Jackie McNamara testimonial dinner weekend in Donegal that most of the squad at the time attended) or what but he’s a regular in Celtic bars in Belfast anyway. A great man, as those in Sierra Leone will testify.

All in all, Bellers would be a great coup. But I wouldn’t be too pleased if we signed Andrew Driver from Hearts or Grant Murray from Killie.

Lucky for Evander Sno that he’s made his exit methinks.

:wink:

Quality.

Interesting choice of players Bandage :wink:

Funny how all these people reckon Bellamy is a prick when he’s done precious little wrong in his football career. No career-ending/threatening type tackles, no reputation for diving, no cheating, no doping offences etc.

And you never hear guys like Keane, Scholes, Gerrard, Stam, Ferdinand etc. being called cunts except by fans of rival clubs. They’re the real menace on the game.

Bellamy is a guy with a will to win and a great attitude. Injury prone and not as consistent as you’d hope in an ideal world but he’s a very good player and he has a bit of self-belief about him which is always good to see.

Andrew Driver.
Birthplace: Oldham.
Hmmmmm…

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Andrew Driver.
Birthplace: Oldham.
Hmmmmm…[/quote]

A town renowned for good relations between different groups…

~chortles~

[quote=“therock67”]Interesting choice of players Bandage :slight_smile:

Funny how all these people reckon Bellamy is a prick when he’s done precious little wrong in his football career. No career-ending/threatening type tackles, no reputation for diving, no cheating, no doping offences etc.

Refused to play for his club - Newcastle a few years back. Faked injury when Souness picked him on right wing. A cheat of the highest order. Got fucked out then to Celtic.

Brilliant:D

Bellers every time in a row with Souness.

Bellemy going nowhere Bandage; claret and blue blood in him!*

*saying this without knowing any transfer rumours that might be going around atm

And highly multicultural I’m led to believe…

Fook sake.

Donati broke his toe in training today. Hartley damaged his ankle playing for Scotland last night and Barry Robson had previously pulled out of the Scotland squad with a groin strain.

Better news - McGeady’s back in training though.

I reckon Gary Caldwell might have to play in centre midfield on Saturday given the absence of the 3 lads and Crosas. Loovens can play at the back.

Shit, hate when Caldwell has to play midfield. What’s the story with Ferry these days. Haven’t seen any reserve games in a while, is he still knocking round the scene. Looked a quality prospect.

Ferry’s back playing regular reserve football this season now alright. Yer man Charlie Grant made his comeback recently too. I think this young Mark Millar guy would have passed both of them out while they were injured even though they’re a couple of years old than him. Still don’t think any of the three of them are ready for the first team yet so we look really short of midfield options now.

I’m not overly taken on Millar. He scores goals and gets himself forward but I think both Ferry and Grant look like they’re more disciplined and influential in the middle of the park. None of them are ready for first team football yet though.

Did Ye see yesterdats Daily Star…seemingly McGeady got a hiding in a Glasgow nightclub.

Yep, saw that alright. He’s been linked with a January move to Bayern Munich in the last few days too.