Bleeding Radiators

Ye must remember Fitzy is in Oz. They are about 15 years behind.

3 Likes

Or shoddy workmanship Ted

I bet you @Fitzy has been mowing the lawn with a dodgy mower for years. Putting in his mix weekly! Fitzy it’s not meant to splutter and bump as it goes along. I suppose with the lack of rain and the scorched earth you’d put what grass would come off it into your pocket

I have a huge, plush, green front and back lawn mate, it’s generally recognised as the best in the area and I have a steady stream of neighbours coming to me for advice. As recently as Sunday I was at a neighbours to have a look at his and what is to be done with it.
I’m sure the mowers you all buy from Aldi don’t need a mix, but for those of us serious about what we’re doing, we invest in decent pieces of kit that need some thought behind their maintenance.

2 Likes

my father was a top gardener, won nicest lawn in limerick back in the day (I remember the plaque!) and always maintained to only graze the lawn every few days. youd see lads busting their bollix lowering a the blade down to the last scorching the shit out of it

2 Likes

If that’s true (and I don’t believe it to be) it’s a sad indictment of the area that you live in

3 Likes

Always with the negativity Mac.

No word from @Juhniallio since. I hope he didn’t get a bad injury from putting a mix into a petrol lawnmower

With that big of a lawn would you not consider getting one of them little robotic mowers? As soon as my lawn is in decent nick I am getting one anyways. Mowing the lawn is a dose of a job

I actually quite enjoy mowing the lawn. Both lawns are on a slope and I wouldn’t trust one of them things for something so big. Though I am reducing the lawn size with some of the landscaping I’m doing at the moment.

2 Likes

Has anyone got a robot hoover?

@chocolatemice did but his missus caught him with it so now it’s gone.

4 Likes

They are brilliant machines. Friend of mine has over 1/2 acre of lawns and has one. They gone over the lawn constantly (his is set to cut from 11 pm to 6 am) I think every inch of his is cut once every 3 days or something. Costs about 10c a day to run it. Because it’s cut so regulalry the cuttings just sit there and you wouldn’t even notice them. Apparently this also adds to the quality of growth

I bought a place 12 months ago and load of grass around it. More like a field than a lawn though. It has my heart broken trying to sort it. Gave it a good dose of weed and feed twice this year already which has done a good job on it but you can nearly see it growing in front of you eyes as a result. I’m not look for lawn of year just want it tidy. Cut it yday evening and id say emptied the thing 40 times!

What kind of lawnmower have you? Collecting grass during the summer is a mugs game. Why are you cutting it more regularly & mulching it?

50 lt (I think) self drive. The ride ons are right handy if you have the capability of dealing with ongoing servicing yourself but still need a small mower to get at some areas in my place. The robot will kill the drive on soon enough on running costs alone IMO

Because the grass grows quicker when you mulch it and the kids and their pals dragging the grass all over the house of you leave it where it is

If you could cut it every 3 days it would be fine but all out to get to it once a week

Fucking have it! The lawnmower is fixed, the lawn is mowed. Thanks to @gilgamboa @Brimmer_Bradley @iron_mike @habanerocat and of course @fitzy. Not sure what did it in the end. Took pretty much all the advice. Plug, filter, oil and the @Brimmer_Bradley special of shaking the fucker good and proper. Only advice I didn’t take was to only cut it a little. After the growth of late it was a small forest so I hacked that fucker good, like @flattythehurdler 's head that time.

3 Likes

Fair play :clap: passed on lawn duty to my eldest this year. A great burden off my shoulders.

4 Likes

Yeah. Asking Fisty for advice about anything FFS.

Get the au pair to do it.

My mother and father live in county Limerick now , they’ve half an acre as well, it keeps the auld lad sane cutting the lawn once or twice a week. He loves it.

Has a load of spuds, cabbage and onions growing in the left hand corner out the back as well…lot to be said for that.

2 Likes