Bleeding Radiators

always thought you were from West of Britain

Huh

I’m australian

1 Like

Depends then chief. A one man band could take 7 to ten days. If you get two or more well you know the math.

1 Like

2 Likes

A Dormer

1 Like

Dormers are shite. 1and a 1/2’s are the way to go.

3 Likes

Anyone got any idea of a build cost on a circa 2000-3000 Sq foot maybe house to a decent finish, granite kitchen anyway. Two or three bathrooms.fully painted etc.
And how long to build.

150 Per sq ft.

3 Likes

€100 per sq ft would build a fine house, in Galway I assume? Depends on the finish, I’ve seen people spending €50k on kitchens etc.

1 Like

how much is a car? needs to have bluetooth in it.

Lots of factors impact your price. Main items to consider is the level of electrical fitout and the heating and plumbing systems. There could be a variance of 20-50k on these alone depending on what you want to do. Your windows is another big ticket item and the spec you want on them.

1 Like

Is that to a flatty standard build or a normal person’s build standard?

4 Likes

What kinda pricing would you be looking at for the 3 main types (uPVC, Wood, Composite) of front door inc fitting? exclude side panels

@Fran @Gman

Probably cost plus margin.

3 Likes

What if he got a door without the margin?

thats a very cheap like youv picked up there pal. V cheap

is it for a new post box to be inserted? I thought we came to the conclusion that one would be better off buying a new house cc @Rocko

But you’d be as well off just get a couple of quotes. The prices for each of the components themselves would vary. You could get a uPVC door for 500 quid or a grand depending on locking systems, seals colours etc. Wood doors depend on the type of wood you use. I’d generally say you would be looking at the cheapest being uPVc, composite then wood. Although the wood could be cheaper than the composite if you use a lesser wood type.

Disappointed to see a top top poster giving that one a like. I expected better from @TreatyStones

1 Like

Generally it would seem that Composite is the way to go.
You get the toughness of timber without the maintenance and potential warping issues (according to a website selling composite doors).

yeah I wouldnt disagree with that either. although a nice wood door still looks better IMO.

something quick I found:

Wood:
Pros – When treated correctly exterior wooden doors will last for more than 100 years and are beautiful to look at, with a natural texture. Wood can be adapted in size and repainted in different colours. Door furniture may be easily changed.
Cons – Wooden doors are vulnerable to the elements need to be treated and maintained and can be prone to twisting and warping. Cheap wooden doors can come apart at the joints and may rot if not sealed correctly. Laminated or stabilised timber (small sections glued together) offer greater stability.

uPVC:
Pros – uPVC doors are low maintenance and require no painting or staining. They are well insulated, more stable than timber and usually come with multipoint locking.
Cons - Doors tend to have a ‘narrow’ appearance due to the thickness of the uPVC frame. It will be difficult or impossible to change the size or colour of a door once it has been fitted, or to change locks and door furniture with ease.

Composite:
Pros – Composite doors are made from a mixture of materials, such as glass fibre, which is pressed together and glued under high pressure. These are then clad in an outer skin which can be made to look like real wood but are far stronger, will not warp or require repainting. Virtually indistinguishable from wooden doors, they are highly insulated and are often supplied with multi point locks.
Cons – Composite doors tend to be more expensive than other options.

2 Likes