Bleeding Radiators

Why do you have an issue with the use of “dormer”

There’s no need to be so sensitive. I’m sure it really is a “Dormer”.

I’m not being sensitive I’m just not sure if I’m using the correct term or not.

I think there was a poster on here who previously described his house as a standard dormer but turned out it was a mansion with 5 bathrooms.

Possible was yourself actually :grinning:

Ha not that I recall

Its modest by modern rural new build standards albeit it does have 5 bathrooms now that you mention it. A serious design flaw

It is a dormer either way

T’was you but I embellished a bit

Great find.

Another job that is still on the long finger as it happens

This is a good site for giving a rough idea on what you’ll be quoted for various jobs.

1 Like

I’m going to attempt something mental at some stage this week and try to connect a dishwasher up. There’s no connection there for it at the minute, but there’s a pipe running behind it (to a different applicance), so I’ve bought a t-junction thingy in the shop.
I imagine I’ll be on asking for advice on dealing with a flooded house afterwards (and posting in the dating thread looking for advice on getting a new woman) but I’ll be fucked if I’m paying a plumber to do it.

And what do you have in place for the outflow pipe?

1 Like

I bought one of these yokes

Oh Lord. If the wedding is off, will you & runty still make it to Lexus day in leopardstown?

1 Like

Better chance of me making it if the wedding is off. So there is that.

1 Like

What’s the quality of your water like? We went through 3 electric showers before finally copping on to buying some water softener thingamingy or other

Tradesmen.ie is a great spot for dullards like myself who haven’t a breeze.

Lot of lime in it alright. Plumber didn’t reckon had caused that much damage but the showers were old enough

do it yourself you lazy fuck, you aint doing anything else

2 Likes

Huh

I’m Italian

2 Likes

From scratch or touch up.
Whole house need to be painted or have you got pebbledash any where.

No pebbledash no.

Think full repaint required. Was painted two years ago when they decided to sell but they did a v cheap job IMO and it hasn’t held up well. They painted over few cracks in the plaster for example rather than actually fill them