Bleeding Radiators

Is the dial/gauge not moving at all? If it’s at zero there’s no water. If it’s at between 1 and 2 then it should be fine. One possibility is that the boiler may have overheated and cut off if there was no water in it.

Make sure that the temp gauge on the wall is clicking over the temp it needs to be? Somewhere between 18-23°C usually.

Yeah it’s a 0.3 I think.

@Mullach_Ide I hear you. I’m just trying to figure out what this has happened! Will get it sorted

Is the filling loop connected? sometimes there is a flexi pipe that has to connect between the two valves.

1 Like

Had this problem a few weeks ago. Did the same as you let the air out and the pressure dropped. Had to get plumber out. He told me its a balancing act for the air you let out has to be replaced by water in system. Let too much water in and the pressure goes up and you end up have to drain the water off till the pressure is right.

2 Likes

He sounds like a right spoofer

Aren’t they all.

Not being funny but are you definitely opening the right valve? There’s probably a couple in there?

1 Like

I am. It’s foolproof. There’s even a number on it

Waters not getting in to the system so or something. When I did similar and opened that valve the pressure flew up in no time.

When that happens mine , I have to let a good bit flow in the loop cable thing. I turn the knob on the flow cable on and off a few times and the level in the boiler goes about a 3rd of the way up and that fixes things.