Blow for Limerick GAA

But it would still be at level between club and inter county, therefore exposing the players to a higher level before they go into county minor.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Have you played Harty Puke?
Its a massive step up from club, and while obviously not as good as County Minor, it can be dam close at times, especially the latter stages. Of course you can carry players, but usually they wouldn’t win it out.
Well that was certainly the case up to a few years ago, my attendance at Harty matches would be thin on the ground in recent times.[/quote]

No and I am still sour that i never got the chance, fucked away a great chance to win the munster B when I was in fifth year and we would have been promoted…Would have played against very talented Flannan’s teams that would have contested Harty’s in 2003-2004-2005 and won the all ireland in 2005 and we were never far off them, they just always had a few less passengers and a bit more class…Harty is a step up from Club alright but I have seen plenty of lads from clare who looked excellent at harty that sunk without a trace for the minors

That’s true of every level of hurling though puke. Even the fall away from U/21’s to seniors is massive.

[quote=“tipptops*”]Its good to see you have learned where you fit in, in the grander scheme of things.

You remind me of a young artfoley - all that energy being channelled away needlessly.[/quote]

Ya, i’m a small fish in a small website, oh dear, i really hope i’m a big fish some day.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Ya, they tried to put together a city team, from 4 or 5 of the colleges this year, but it fell down somewhere along the way. Possibly getting some teacher to train them or something was the problem.
[/quote]

What happened the city schools Kev? North Mon used to be competitive. Surely Bishopstown and Ballincollig would have the numbers to put together decent teams?

keep trying. You might get there eventually.

Challenge games and that a part , but the difference between B hurling and Harty is gigantic. We won a B U-16 1/2, a B Senior County and got to A County final when i was 3rd and 5th year. We played Harty when i was in 6th year with all but one player available and got hammered by an average enough North Mon team. We got an awful land.

Success at Harty needs to be channelled in the right way though, i’ve often heard Claremen give out about too many Flannahans players playing, whereas Tipp are maximising the harty now, as are Waterford.

The Mon are near the top of the charts, maybe just behind Flannans in titles won. But are absolutely useless now, with Donal O’ Grady the principal i don’t know how its this bad, but it is. Farna closed up the road so there should be no excuses really, all the local clubs, The Glen, Na Piarsaigh and St. Vincents are producing plenty good players, its hard to know whats wrong.

CSN Bishopstown are playing Harty this year, and the Bishopstown club in general is going well at hurling. Throw in a few Barrs, Ballinhassig and Ballinora players and they should always be up there. Ballinhassig have very good hurlers, Barrs are on way back and Ballinora should have a few coming through in 2-3 years. They are committed to staying Harty.

Ballincollig is a disaster. Its got a wealth of very good clubs around it, but Coloiste Colm can’t get anyone to train their hurling team, and Ballinollig Comm. doesn’t get the good players.

Bandon is where Cork should really be concentrating, and Charleville as well. Charleville are their on their own this year, so we’ll see how they get on. Bandon has Hamilton High School who played Harty in the past, and Brogans, who win Voc’s all round them, they should combine, they’d clean up.