1 Like

The Polish guy?

Galway bringing a big crowd as usual.

1 Like

@myboyblue

1 Like

3 Likes

Everyone looked 70 back then.

What’s the context there ? Standing beside the Kildare team or just the photo angle

Hardship

1 Like

He was some tulip in fairness

He was some bit of stuff

1 Like

And malnourishment.

Casement Park

No. His vice is/was chamber maids.

1 Like

It’ll ever be re-developed. The coatings are off the chart. It makes no sense in any event.
Wrong location the principal problem.

Why is that?
I was never there. …,

It’s a bad location for Ulster teams stuck away in the Belfast suburbs. A long way from the western end of the province and very hard to avail of parking in the area.
The Ulster final day should always be in Clones, the town mysteriously copes with the crowd with its eclectic mix of mayhem, camaraderie, long walk to the ground, the smells of frying onions and the rattles of large cider bottles.
Ulster final day in Clones is a sort of spiritual experience akin to completing the Camino, an event in your life that you’ll always cherish. It has it’s drawbacks but anyone who’s been through it appreciates it.

The cost of redeveloping Casement is projected to be in the area of £130m and rising - madness.

7 Likes

I’d say the pros of Clones and the cons of Casement are both overstated a bit there. Clones when ful creates a great atmosphere, but the town itself is gone to ruin. The number of pubs has drastically reduced in the last decade, and the stadium is well off the standard expected by your modern match-goer. Traffic is also generally fairly atrocious on big match days, even more so now as people want to spend as little time as possible in the town.
As for Casement, I’d say there are few grounds in the country closer to a motorway. Boucher fields is about 500 yards away and can host concerts midweek evenings with 42k at them, all leaving at the same time and managing it fairly well. It’s hard to believe then that Casement could be the nightmare for travelling to that many claim - it would be like suggesting Croke Park access is easy but if it was located where Fagans pub is it would be a disaster.
In any case I agree with you it won’t get built - every excuse will be found by a few bigots not to release the money even though it will mean NI as a whole loses out. Dublin govt should see the bigger picture and fund some of it through a grant to the GAA, but no doubt the DUP equivalent south of the border would be completely opposed to that as well.

2 Likes

Never been to Clones but the Munster Final in Thurles experience sounds close enough.

Thurles town is like Vegas in comparison to Clones. Access to Thurles would be far better as well. But you are on the right lines there.