Bogstandard 🐐 GAA photos

Jesus Clones must be some dump.

3 Likes

Well for a start it’s not really a town, it’s about the same size as Portumna. While Portumna has seen better days it at least has some tourism to keep the wheel greased, Clones has nothing at all - even the smuggling income has dried up.

Thurles is in an awful state these days. If it didn’t have the matches I dunno what would be left of it.

The college gave it a huge boost. All it needs now is for Michael Lowry to transform it into the next Vegas.

Everytime I go back there seems to be another vacant unit in the square. I suppose that’s all medium sized towns in Ireland that aren’t near Dublin or touristy

I didn’t realise how small the place was, I imagined it to be at least a Roscrea (the only time that phrase will ever be used) but it’s actually more like a Callan. :open_mouth:

1 Like

All the talk about the Munster championship in another thread here prompted me to buy tickets tonight for Cork v Tipp in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 3 weeks, il take the kids along and am greatly looking forward to it. There is a good chance we will be in Clones the week before, I may not even take the kids as its a far from attractive outing for them.

7 Likes

It’s a fine stadium, a mini Croker if you will. Should be a decent game to boot, could be the pick of the ties in the round robin. Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

You could bring them to Fota to look at the animals, then bring them to a pub full of Tipp fans to look…

6 Likes

It’s the weekend of the Kings coronation, I’m expecting a right carnival atmosphere on Leeside. Il have to tell the kids all the money was spent on the hotel in case they think they will be travelling back north with any Tipp or Rebel merchandise.

1 Like

More photos please guys

If you could stretch your budget a little union jack would be a lovely souvenir of your trip.

1 Like

1 Like

There’s no fear of those glasses falling off!

13 Likes

Strangers in a strange land

4 Likes

All Ireland Club Champions*