Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

I have today created with an account with an Asian Bet Broker. I will keep the forum updated with my experiences with said broker.

1 Like

What’s an Asian Bet Broker do?

Wonder how many bookies were standing?
That’s a serious drop since 09 when things were already heading down the swany. Be interesting to compare it to 06.

10 years ago you’d have 10 bookies out in the car park betting. There’s a few empty pitches in the ring this year I think.

The main ring was full anyway, I didn’t go very close to the Mayor’s Garden end but there was another scatter along the rail down there

15 years ago at the Christmas meeting in Limerick the 4 sides of the ring would be close to full. Now it’s not even 2 full sides.

1 Like

The tote turnover being similar would lead me to believe it’s entirely down to online gambling

How much of this would be down to mobile app betting?

I wonder if online gambling is a factor here at all. :thinking:

It’ll give me access to the Asian Bookmakers with higher limits and better odds.

For this Champions League Qualifer my current bookmaker Of choice will lay me 1348 @ 1.81

Over in Asia. I could get 10k on spread across different bookmakers if I wanted.

(This is not a tip btw. Just an example)

Do they charge a commission or how do they make their money?

Of course it would.

They get a commission on the turnover they generate.

What commission have you to pay them? You wouldn’t be able bet into horse racing markets with them I presume or would you?

I’m not paying commission as such but I get charged a small percentage on withdrawals. I get one free withdrawal per 30 day period. Any extra withdrawals come with a 2% admin fee.

No Horse Racing on the broker I’m using anyway. Doubt the Asian Bookmakers would be going BOG even if they did have the UK and Irish Racing :sweat_smile:

I’ve seen it all now.

Read the thread

They deleted the replies but the internet never forgets.

Christ.

1 Like

I know this isn’t the worst bit of that obviously but the idea that the administrators control the temporary password instead of using a password generator mailed out to the user is bizarre for a gambling company.

I can’t make up a password for a new user on TFK because it’s a terrible security risk. But a gambling company have far interior controls.

4 Likes

Also means its probably a standard password they use, so if you ever saw someone tweet them about password issues you could give a lash at guessing their username /password.

1 Like