Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

So I steal your bitcoin, you can see where I sent them, but you don’t know who I am? I send your stolen bitcoin to someone else then to get a further degree of removal?
What if I buy a dirty bitcoin off you and give you a clean one -40% back. Then buy another dirty bitcoin off you -40%, with the dirty bitcoin repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat

That’s too much thinking for me on a Thursday afternoon.

you buy bitcoin with a stolen credit card. As far as I know it’s almost impossible to “steal” bitcoin.

Lets say a bitcoin is $10,000 for easy maths.
I give you my clean bitcoin for 1.667 dirty bitcoins.
I now have 1.667 bitcoins. Immediately worth $16,667
Now I buy two more dirty bitcoin, using the dirty bitcoin I just bought, for $12,000 (and still have $4,667 left).
These two dirty bitcoins are now worth $20k straight away, so I have $24,667 in two transactions off of $10k. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

I think you’ve made a fundamental error in your theory,

you are assuming that people are trading clean bitcoin for dirty ones. I think it’s the other way around. People trade dirty bitcoin for clean ones. so your ratio goes from 1:1.667 to 1.667:1.

If someone is trading dirty bitcoin for clean ones, then someone is trading clean ones for dirty ones. two sides to every story etc.

Anyway whatever the math, if I’m buying something at a 40% discount to it’s true value, that I can then use to buy more at a 40% discount to it’s true value then I’m in the money.

A perpetual money machine. And if there’s no such thing as a dirty coin? :thinking:

you’re basically paying someone to assume the risk, right. If you are buying 1 clean bitcoin for 1.667 dirty bitcoin, the person who buys the dirty bitcoin, has to clean it right, at a cost, I’m presuming. They’ve now got 1.667 dirty bitcoin, they can’t trade it back to themselves, they then have to go to another agent and buy clean bitcoin for maybe a cheaper rate.

My brain hurts.

1 Like

But isn’t the thing about bitcoin that it’s anonymous so no one would know whether it’s dirty or not fter a transaction? I presume the bitcoin has been bought with a stolen credit card as you say and it could be traced back to you via that if you still had it. But like homestore and more, once it’s gone once it’s gone. Into the sea of Internet

Go Bitcoin to Monero and Back to Bitcoin and you’ll be grand id say…

every transaction is recorded on the block chain, through a public address. I’d assume many of the laundering techniques for bitcoin involve trading the dirty bitcoin off for a different e-currency or for cash, you’re basically selling off the risk to an organisation that assumes it, their profit is in the risk and the margin they get on the subsequent trade.

1 Like

We’re putting way too much thought into this.

True, go way and try it there and let us know how you get on

Lucky I bought the VPNs last night

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Apes posting up their betting slips

1 Like

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/nordvpn-confirms-it-was-hacked/

:eyes:

@Copper_pipe - was this one of your lads?

3 Likes

Terrible news. They’re actually the only crowd I was able to have a lucky15 with and it was through my father’s account.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/betvictor-scrap-lucky-bets-after-paying-out-486000-to-small-stakes-punter/405575

Strange. They are hardly losing money on those overall?