Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

My grandmother used to say “at least a fella can only drink till he falls down” when giving out about gambling.

1 Like

I was going to make a similar point but I didn’t have the eloquence of your grandmother so I deleted my long-winded attempt to make that argument.

I love a punt, but bookies are an evil bunch of crooked cunts, they’d let you go hungry rather than affect their bottom line

Its not a fair game, they’re limiting payouts and if they see you are beating the odds they’ll limit or shut you down. It’s a mugs game, even when you’re winning they won’t let you win.

2 Likes

as do i - i love having a few bets - you cant beat loading up on football accumulators on a saturday morning but jesus christ you need to be aware that if you keep on handing the money over the counter then the fella behind it is going to take it off you

Ireland third biggest gamblers in the world

The Oirish have no self control

I saw an Australian colleague throw two weeks wages into a slot machine (or “pokie”) about an hour after he got paid them. Was incredible how popular they were over there and how much money people put into them

2 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah …but DID HE WIN???

He had a good time, which is the best win of them all

I fancy 8 horses at long odds for Cheltenham. I was thinking Of doing a few very small money lucky 31s. How many would I have to do to cover every combination of horse?

How did you come to that number? I put it into my gaa clubs what’s app group and got several different answers.

Goliath[edit]

A wager on eight selections and consisting of 247 separate bets: 28 doubles, 56 trebles, 70 fourfolds, 56 fivefolds, 28 sixfolds, 8 sevenfolds and an eightfold accumulator. A minimum two selections must win to gain a return.

That’s a slightly different bet do is it not?

Would there be a strong grasp of probability in the GAA club whatsapp generally?

5 Likes

Here you go mate where n is the number of selections and k is the number of options

1 Like

It is but it should give you a steer. Doing multiple lucky 31s on 8 selections would seem a bit pointless rather than your own combinations.

Combinations without repetition (n=8, r=5)
Using Items: a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h

List has 56 entries.
{a,b,c,d,e} {a,b,c,d,f} {a,b,c,d,g} {a,b,c,d,h} {a,b,c,e,f} {a,b,c,e,g} {a,b,c,e,h} {a,b,c,f,g} {a,b,c,f,h} {a,b,c,g,h} {a,b,d,e,f} {a,b,d,e,g} {a,b,d,e,h} {a,b,d,f,g} {a,b,d,f,h} {a,b,d,g,h} {a,b,e,f,g} {a,b,e,f,h} {a,b,e,g,h} {a,b,f,g,h} {a,c,d,e,f} {a,c,d,e,g} {a,c,d,e,h} {a,c,d,f,g} {a,c,d,f,h} {a,c,d,g,h} {a,c,e,f,g} {a,c,e,f,h} {a,c,e,g,h} {a,c,f,g,h} {a,d,e,f,g} {a,d,e,f,h} {a,d,e,g,h} {a,d,f,g,h} {a,e,f,g,h} {b,c,d,e,f} {b,c,d,e,g} {b,c,d,e,h} {b,c,d,f,g} {b,c,d,f,h} {b,c,d,g,h} {b,c,e,f,g} {b,c,e,f,h} {b,c,e,g,h} {b,c,f,g,h} {b,d,e,f,g} {b,d,e,f,h} {b,d,e,g,h} {b,d,f,g,h} {b,e,f,g,h} {c,d,e,f,g} {c,d,e,f,h} {c,d,e,g,h} {c,d,f,g,h} {c,e,f,g,h} {d,e,f,g,h}

I think that’s correct?

You are correct. I was doing it for a lucky 15.