Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

Another PP fook up…

"It was the bet that couldn’t lose. But now dozens of punters in Co Meath are up in arms as bookies have refused to pay out.

Gamblers in a Paddy Power betting office in Navan could not believe their eyes when they saw odds were still being offered on a soccer match that had already been played.

And they were even more amazed when staff at the premises actually accepted hefty wagers on a result which the punters already knew.

The game involved was a Meath and District League Premier division clash between Navan Town and Slane Wanderers. Home team Navan were priced at 11/5 to win.

The problem arose because staff had the game listed on their betting coupons for a 2.30pm kick-off last Sunday, when all local football followers knew the match was to be played on Friday night at 7.45pm at the MDL grounds on Navan’s Trim road When the home side duly eked out a 1-0 win, nobody could have imagined what was to follow.

One punter revealed: "Some of the Navan players met up for a celebratory drink the next day and were having a bet on the horse racing on TV, and when they walked into Paddy Power and saw their game still listed on the coupon they couldn’t believe their eyes.

“The first guy went up and basically chanced his arm to see if staff would take his bet and when they did the money flooded on.”

Error

Alerted by what would have been an unusually high level of betting on a local soccer match, staff eventually checked the fixtures in the local media and on realising their error, they cried foul.

Paddy Power are now refusing to pay out.

A spokesperson confirmed: “We would be within our rights to void all bets placed after an event has taken place. Punters will be refunded.”

Thieving fcuks should be banned from the shop.

If they couldn’t even get the k.o time right you’d wonder how much effort went into compiling the odds. 11/5 seems very generous for a home team in a local league. There’s surely money to be made from obscure games like that (even ones that haven’t already been played).

There is but wrong kick offs happen all the time, simple void bet. You might have a chance of collecting in the old days but with EPOS and every jennet in the village piling in, they smell a rat immediately. My last venture into local soccer ended up getting gelded when Finglas fcuked up against Portmarnock, missed penalties the lot.

The lad that does all the League of Ireland pricing knows the price of a bag of onions…He does all the local stuff too and would be labelled as “shrewd”

He also does the cyclying prices aswell.

Thats a complete fuck up. I knew this local sports betting would lead to trouble.

They did refund on all losing single bets on Watford last weekend so they are not all bad. :wink:

anytime they fcuk up they claim a palpaple error(think thats what it called) some guy i know was betting in running in a game - micah richards was out cold for 10 mins - they were betting in running the lenght of imjury time & greater than 5 mins was something like 10/1 - they would pay out when he won

then today they announce they will pay out on all singles that backed watford to beat reading- in all honesty how much would they lose on that- not many people would bet on that

sorry shan- just covered that - what would the cost of that be to them-20k or so??

I can honestly say as I have been off work since Monday of last week I do not know but it would be the accums that most people would do I would imagine unless people had big money bets on Watord I cant imagine it cost Paddys that much.

[quote=“tipptops*”]The lad that does all the League of Ireland pricing knows the price of a bag of onions…He does all the local stuff too and would be labelled as “shrewd”

He also does the cyclying prices aswell.[/quote]

Some of their cycling odds have been a bit silly imo. They had some riders listed who were never going to compete listed in their odds. Last year I bet on Danielle Di Luca to win Le Tour at something like 30/1 knowing that in the off chance he competed he would be in with a good chance of winning. When it was confirmed that he wasn’t competing I claimed fowl saying odds shouldn’t have been put up in first place and got a refund.

Lads

I’ve my own reasons for asking a few questions on this but would be obliged if any of ye would share:

Why have multiple accounts?
Price apart what drives you to use Hills over Hacketts or Boylesports or anyone else?
IWhat would tie you into staying using one site?

WBY

Maude Gonne was bet down.

:wink:

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Lads

I’ve my own reasons for asking a few questions on this but would be obliged if any of ye would share:

Why have multiple accounts?
Price apart what drives you to use Hills over Hacketts or Boylesports or anyone else?
IWhat would tie you into staying using one site?

WBY[/quote]

Ahoy there W.B.Yeats

Price is the main reason. Alot of fellas will be closed down by some bookies so will need more than one so they can get their bets on.

Surely tho’ most punters aren’t winning enough to get closed down? Are they?

I know most bookies are making more cash from the mug punters in the shop and that the margins are less online or on the phone but are lads really regularly beating the bookie? If so what are they doing!

WBY

You’d be surprised by the amount of people that get knocked back by bookies.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Surely tho’ most punters aren’t winning enough to get closed down? Are they?

I know most bookies are making more cash from the mug punters in the shop and that the margins are less online or on the phone but are lads really regularly beating the bookie? If so what are they doing!

WBY[/quote]

The real smart boys will be closed down if they’re beating the books. That’s when you get the girlfriend’s credit card out. Every bookie would have hundreds of accounts that are restricted to varying degrees. They can keep a good eye on you when all your bets are there in front of them on a spreadsheet.

I wish a few of them would close me down

they would put up those names to stop people emailing in and asking for a price on such and such a lad…better to stick everyone up at once.