Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

[quote=ā€œW.B. Yeatsā€]Surely thoā€™ most punters arenā€™t winning enough to get closed down? Are they?

I know most bookies are making more cash from the mug punters in the shop and that the margins are less online or on the phone but are lads really regularly beating the bookie? If so what are they doing!

WBY[/quote]

they are backing movers wb yeatsā€¦

this is when a team is say 2/1 on a wednesday and you take a few hefty bets and suddenly on thursday news breaks that the opponents star player is out injured and team A are now 6/4. This is bad business for the bookies and it would only take 4/5 consecutive movers to get you severly restricted and/or closed.

Boyles once denied me a 100 euro bet on a premiership game and I ended up sending them a mail laughing at them and telling them to shove their a/c up their holeā€¦also Boyles denied a former work colleague of mine a 50 euro bet on the galway plate when we were down for the weekā€¦muppets

SSā€¦didnā€™t ladbrokes deny you a 100 euro bet (I think you said they offered you 50 quid) on an AI final one timeā€¦before Loanshark took over obviously

Yeah wanted a ā‚¬100 bet on total points in the All Ireland and was offered ā‚¬50. The price was 5/4 or somethingā€¦ Biggest Bookmaker in the World. Theyā€™re all fcukers now. God be with the days when you could go up to Sean Graham and ask for a quarter of a million on a horse and heā€™d just ask was it punts of sterling you wanted.

Nice one!

SS**, since Freddie Williams has kicked on it will never be the same again. None of his ilk left standing reallyā€¦ Spoylesports are shocking bad though, I was refused ā‚¬300 @ 1/3 for a leinter football match, and offered ā‚¬100 @ 1/4 instead, but being refused ā‚¬50 on the Galway plate bates bannagher.

if you go online and do a soccer accum. on paddy powers and hit the maximum bet allowed button on the slip which lets say is 500ā€¦if the accum. had a payout of lets say 700,000ā€¦would powers be obliged to pay you? considering they calculated what the maximum amount you could bet they obviously wanted to take your bet? or can they just tell you to fcuk off and say maximum payout on soccer is 200,000 ?

HB, they are the biggest joke of all time. A cockney mate of mine walked into Boyles at the bottom of Grafton Street one day and asked ā€œCan I have Mars Bar and a can of Coke pleaseā€. Yer wan behind the counter goes ā€œWeā€™re not a sweetshopā€, He goes, ā€œWeā€™ll youā€™re not a fcuking bookmaker eitherā€. Oh how we laughed. They are an utter disgrace.

Scumpot, technically they could cut your payout to 200,000. But in practice they will not invoke the maximum payout unless they are hit with loads of similar ones on the same day. That is just a safety cap in case there was a cataclysmic load of results that meant there were 10 of these huge accas copped on the same day. So I would say 99% of the time you would be paid. Bookies donā€™t like invoking the max payout as itā€™s bad press.

cheers SSā€¦i was always curious as they do fluctuate the max. stake allowed when doing a soccer accum. depending on what leagues your selections come fromā€¦so theyā€™re obviously aware of what your doing and take the bet fully aware that they may have to pay out a large sumā€¦not that theyā€™ve ever had to with me :frowning:

[FONT=Verdana]Sure youā€™d often see it in the papers if some punter has a massive winner for relatively a small stake. The publicity alone is worth it.[/FONT]

Did you read about poor Ivan Yates in todays Sindo?

The ā€œsharkā€ punters are crushing his business apparently.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]Did you read about poor Ivan Yates in todays Sindo?

The ā€œsharkā€ punters are crushing his business apparently.[/quote]

Heā€™ll be fine. Word around Enniscorthy is that heā€™s just trying to sell up and this is a way of alerting other bookies they might pick him up for a cheap price. If he gets e30m heā€™ll stand aside and sell up. 62 shops or something like that. On average itā€™ll cost 500k (or at least it would have a couple of years ago) to open a shop so whoever buys is getting 2 shops for free!

I heard Ivan once banned a customer from the shop for copping a few grand on a lotto bet. Ladbrokes wonā€™t be buying Ivo out any time soon anyway, Mac. I hear theyā€™ve stopped adding to their estate in Ireland over fears that the ā€˜certaintyā€™ of getting the FOBTs in has now looked like it might get gubbed.

I couldnt seeing anyone in Ireland buying him out SS**. His strategy has always been to follow Powers and Boyles so heā€™s already in the major towns. Ladbrokes would end up with 2 shops in half the towns in Ireland. Heā€™d need someone like Chronicle (who apparently made huge losses in the Emporium) or someone in the UK to buy him out Iā€™d say.

What do you make of the fixed odd stuff lads?

I might be ridiculously naive here but I donā€™t like the concept, I think it takes away the ā€œskillā€ and thatā€™s just pandering to addicts.

Remember the foot and mouth years ago that stopped most of the racing? People were betting on South Africian horses and dogs, people will bet on anything

Iā€™m 100% against the FOBTs Rocko, they prey on fools who donā€™t know any better. They make UK betting shops unbearable imho. They should not be allowed imho, they are just utter cash cows for the shops. In the UK the FOBTs cover the overheads of the shops so everything they make over the counter is pure profit.

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]What do you make of the fixed odd stuff lads?

I might be ridiculously naive here but I donā€™t like the concept, I think it takes away the ā€œskillā€ and thatā€™s just pandering to addicts.[/quote]

hopefully those FOBTS dont come here- they are a joke & the only demand for it is from bookies- fuck them-

Too true. Thereā€™s no way they should be allowed in here. Iā€™ve seen the grip the ā€œpokiesā€ have on pubs in Oz. Every single pub has at least two or three in the corner, and youā€™d see the same people everyday pumping their wages into them.

Worked behind the counter for a summer. I knew things were bad when a lad came in to back a dog on the virtual dogs and gave me the line ā€œthis dog is due a win, Iā€™ve been following him all summer and he hasnā€™t won yetā€.

That SA racing is still going on. Between that, rapidos, 51ā€™s and god knows what else. Thereā€™ll always be something to bet on!

[quote=ā€œMacā€]Worked behind the counter for a summer. I knew things were bad when a lad came in to back a dog on the virtual dogs and gave me the line ā€œthis dog is due a win, Iā€™ve been following him all summer and he hasnā€™t won yetā€.

That SA racing is still going on. Between that, rapidos, 51ā€™s and god knows what else. Thereā€™ll always be something to bet on![/quote]

Lad at work used be trying to convince me had a system for the cartoon racing after he backed a couple of winners in succession. :wink: