Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

That was the other type but I was never lucky enough to encounter them lads!

As Mac says, he is liable to do anything, he’d jump through a window to get away. He gets away with it the odd time, god knows how much he’s conned in his lifetime. There was another character called the pencil man. Can’t remember what that character used to pull. Most shops would have a wanted poster for the hatman behind the counter.

Pencilman was a total prick. The best one ever at scamming. Im not saying anymore.

Wasn’t he not the fella, who would manage to slip a docket onto the spike the bookie used the keep the dockets on under the counter?

Obviously wouldn’t work with modern systems.

He could have in the old days, Runt, a proper scummer. Hunting the cunt out of the shop on sight was the thing to do. Throwing a few fcuks as you kicked him out didn’t hurt either.

PM tipptops* will do in this situation…

The pencil man was mainly based around the UK though wasn’t he? Or maybe there was 2 of them.

I wonder who’s job it was to come up with names of these lads? And then what would happen if the hatman came in with no hat on him?!

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”] If I’m ever getting an Ocean’s Eleven style coup ready I’ll be on here PMing rounding up all the good ole boys.
[/quote]

Oceans eleven !!! Gay Fortune SS**

We know all your secrets. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

I may need you for a job when Walthamstow reopens HangBlaa. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif You mean Gay Future of course? I am reading Barney Curley’s book at the moment, cracking read and a good education in betting scams too.

My favourite is the one with lads from Abbeyfeale. Was it Baldonnel Sam or something was the name of the dog?

Gay Future, yes…

Must read Curleys book, i’d say he can tell some stories.

Whats the stroy with ‘save our stow’ are they winning ! Soemtimes backing Irish raiders at fancy prices in the ealry rounds at the 'don seems like you are part of some betting coup…

Yes Runt that was the Ballydonnell Sam tote scam in Mullingar, a carbon copy of the Dagenham Coup in England. They didn’t get paid so it wasn’t much good.

I think the Stow will reopen alright, I am banned from G-D now too since Gabriel didn’t like my tone, so can’t have the craic on there anymore.

Barney’s book is a gem, he even double crossed his old man when he was told to stop a dog at Lifford one night, he took the tablet out of the mince his old man gave him and backed the dog himself at 6/1. His old man was furious but none the wiser…

Con Murphy & Connie McMahon

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Yes Runt that was the Ballydonnell Sam tote scam in Mullingar, a carbon copy of the Dagenham Coup in England. They didn’t get paid so it wasn’t much good.

[/quote]

Ya, I know they only got paid out in a couple of spots. But seems like a right old craic. The load of em heading off up to Mullingar. I never knew that they just copied a similar scam from the UK. I thought they came up with it themselves.

some of the same crowd are said to have pulled a stroke on a horse in Leopardstown about 4 years ago… Bocaccio, I think was the horses name

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]
Barney’s book is a gem, he even double crossed his old man when he was told to stop a dog at Lifford one night, he took the tablet out of the mince his old man gave him and backed the dog himself at 6/1. His old man was furious but none the wiser…[/quote]

Funny bit at the start of that book where a dog lets him down in a race. And Barney is furious with him. So he has him in the back of the car and he drives home a couple of hundred miles and then takes out the poor dog and belts the fucker around the place. Poor dog wouldn’t have a clue what he’d done wrong I’d say.

Yeah that was his old man though, Barney felt sorry for the mutt!

His old man went for a touch to get out of debt, they backed a dog they’d been stopping for ages in a sprint. The dog broke a hock and his back at the first bend… Barney and him had to go to England to work in a factory to pay what they owed. Serious hard graft from the sounds of things.

Whats the name of Barneys book? Any other good ones out there ye’d recommend on this topic?

Giving A Little Back or something like that.

Forgot that was the da, I’m useless at remembering books and films, handy when you’re reading/watching them again.