Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

@Big_Dan_Campbell - call Hoolahan by his proper name, you disrespectful prick.

Couple of questions

A few lads on here had Walters first goal. Anyone back it with PP? I went in there to collect €80 (€10 @7/1) but got €150 back. Was it a mistake or some double the odds special if he grabs a second? Either way thank you J Walters :pint:

Also does anyone think James McClean bears a passing resemblance to Landry Clarke in Friday Night Lights? (Same lad was also in Breaking Bad).

We’re there :ronnyroar:

2 Likes

Does @Big_Dan_Campbell plan on apologising to Martin and Roy on this thread or will we be opening one specifically for it?

1 Like

Begovic was shit over the two legs.

Some great highlights in that campaign.

McGeady’s late winner in Georgia.
The last gasp equaliser in Germany.
The late equaliser against the Poles.
Beating Germany.
Brady’s goal in Bosnia even though nobody saw it.
The atmosphere last night.

If we’d gone out last night wouldn’t have had another competitive game for 10 months which would have been grim. Now there’s the buzz before the draw in December, sorting out getting over there, trying lads out in the friendlies etc.

It’s worth at least €12m to the FAI for qualifying, that’s another chunk of the stadium debt paid off.

The likes of Randolph need to move in January to fight for a place in the team next summer. Wonder will they look at the likes of Jack Byrne in the friendlies, he’s meant to be doing well out in Holland at the moment.

1 Like

Agree rating.

For all their -ics the Bosnians really weren’t up to scratch.

Yet another example of a keeper who isn’t capable of stepping up to the mantle of a big club. He always struck me as a solid if unspectacular keeper for Stoke, but the pressure at Chelsea has destroyed him.

Ah I dunno pal, he couldn’t have seen Brady’s shot Friday night until very late, and Johnie Walter’s strikes last night were unstoppable.

I haven’t felt this positive about the Irish soccer team in a long time.

Delighted with how Randolph has come in, Keogh and Clark deserve massive credit. Brady has turned into a world class player our best performer now over the last 4 games. His also standing out with Norwich in the PL, hope they can keep it up.

You can’t say anymore about Walters, tears in his eyes giving the interview last night, Giles just referenced him being a truly great lad before Darragh asked him.

Fairplay to MON and Keane to a lesser extent, no doubt the spirit in the squad is unbelievable, leaders like Robbie Keane, O’Shea and Given also referenced have made a massive difference.

We’ll give plenty of teams a right rattle next summer, very solid at the back with Whelan and McCarthy giving huge protection- two unsung heros in front of them. Can’t wait for the draw!

1 Like

Ah, he was appalling. His kicking was absolutely shambolic. No command of his area or defence either.

1 Like

He called Robbie Brady world class, I think its best temper his post accordingly. I mean I love Robbie, but fuck me, his mammy wouldnt even call him world class.

1 Like

True, but he was bought as cover for Courtois. He was ordinary enough for Stoke.

Still, he got his chance, albeit under difficult circumstances, and its overwhelmed him.

If you’re blaming Begovic for Chelsea’s ills this season you’re way off.

He is a quality keeper, Randolph has being class though, hasn’t put a foot wrong. Great decision from MON to promote him.

Very safe pair of hands through both legs, kept a clean sheet last night in the biggest game the aviva has ever seen - reference from the great Liam Brady.

I just hope he gets his chance again with West Ham.

Looked spooked by every back pass & as you astutely point out, never commanded his area or defenders.

I wasn’t

Fair enough pal, I thought he was solid.

Would you put in Forde ahead of him?

Forde ahead of Begovic?

My bad pal.

I was slating Begovic but I thought Randolph was excellent.