Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

Not a hope pal.

With respect to Forde, Begovic is a quality keeper.

Randolph was excellent. Has been since MON gave him his chance, Nothing seems to phase him, very solid pair of hands.

I’d have him ahead of Forde and then Given all day based on the last few games.

As always, it’s very hard to disagree with Chippy Brady

1 Like

Have to admire a man that never pretends to be always right and is happy to put his hands up when he calls it wrong. In fairness I think everyone had the same doubts after the Scotland games.

+1 If only others could do likewise.

Despite doubts creeping in, many of us stuck with the team and rocked up for the Georgia game in September in an eerily quiet Aviva Stadium. Unlike the unnamed TFK posted who remarked to me when walking out of the ground after the Scotland home game “that’s it - I’m finished with this team and this campaign.” He hasn’t been to a game since.

I had no doubts after the Scotland game. Sitting in the stands I could see Murphy unable to move or jump after an hour yet Wes was taken off. I was incensed. I could see plain as day that Scotland are a poor team and I knew they’d go to Georgia and lose. 100%.
MON managed to experiment / get it wrong throughout the campaign and we’re still going to France. That’s impressive and I was delighted to see Steven Reid have a pop at Trap today. I hope the senile bastard lives to see us win the thing out.

Slab played well against Scotland, you buffoon.

I’m just delighted that peoples faith on this forum in the great Glenn Whelan has been justified. Not that we needed it, but vindication is a wonderful thing.

For an hour. After that he was absolutely fucked. I mentioned this in the 51 after and I didn’t hear you disagreeing with me then. Which is lucky for you as me and Croppy were drunk, surly and in the mood for a set-to.

:clap: Those of us that rocked up for the Georgia game are the real heroes

1 Like

+1. And even though I had free premium tickets, I bought another raft of tickets myself and gave them to family and friends. Just to boost FAI finances and get a few more punters into the stadium. Heroic.

1 Like

I estimated that attending that game set back my efforts to shake off a cold/flu by about a week. We’re a great bunch of lads really.

3 Likes

A little tangent but you also said that day:

“Ireland needs to have a good football team because I ride loads of foreign women.”

Do we necessarily need a good football team to aid your pursuit of these women? Is it an ice-breaker?

I say a lot of things and I was under the influence of amphetamines and alcohol. Don’t start quizzing me on such a sage proclamation.

2 Likes

No more questions.

He sings this one lovely, hon Robbie

Ah lovely.
Give him a chance lads, whisht.

Name and shame.

Was it mentioned that we were the only lower seeded team to come through the playoff process? If not I’d like to note it.

'Hon Ireland!

1 Like