Boxing II

There’d be lads on here arguing that Mayweather didn’t fight Canelo at his best cos it was 8 years ago…

1 Like

The same lads who call Mayweather a coward for not stepping up to middleweight who are the same lads who say 1 weight world champion Golovkin was a warrior despite the fact he never stepped outside a weight division he cleaned out.

1 Like

What age was Alvarez?

23 with 44 professional fights and a 2 weight world champion.

Why doesn’t Josh Taylor get any recognition? Huge fight this weekend. No promotion.

1 Like

Bomber had him picked out years back.

1 Like

Great call.

1 Like

Winner will be the only undisputed boxing champion on the planet.

1 Like

Josh Taylor :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Scorecards and referee did Taylor no favours but a comprehensive victory.

I was listening to a podcast with his trainer Ben Davison during the week, I turned it off when he started espousing his pro Kinahan bullshit. I’ve no time for any of that MTK / Kinahan mob

1 Like

The boxers get a great deal from them it seems, and don’t peer too far into the murk.

1 Like

That was on James English’s was it? Disappointing to hear him agree with Davison then.

That’s the thing I’d say MTK do genuinely look after their fighters. You’d be asking the boxer to take the moral high ground then and go elsewhere & they’d probably be getting screwed over somewhere else.

2 Likes

The vast vast majority of professional boxers are barely scraping a living. A decent deal is manna from heaven. Nobody who has cheered on a don king production can take the high ground too much.
Bizarrely, I read an interview with Tony Bellew a while back, who said that to his surprise, Eddie hearn was absolutely trustworthy.

2 Likes

I mean what do I know but my gut feeling is Hearn looks after fighters as best he can & tries his best to make fights happen. Bellew and him are proper mates the way they talk about each other.

Great Twitter account

Very funny yeah, the John fury one too is gas

Yeah it was and I had thought Davison was a clever enough fella, I suppose he knows what side his bread is buttered, bit too pally with that Billy Joe scumbag too.
James English is another cunt, he’s always at that shit agreeing with his guests no matter how wild their opinions are rather than challenging and calling out. He appeals to a certain demographic I suppose. Two or three of his guests / interviews have been good, the rest are garbage with incoherent scumbags who can’t string a sentence together. Rant over.

100% agree just happy to appease the guest. Always at it from the few podcasts I’ve listened to.

Hitler: “Jews had to go James, just weren’t cutting it”

English: “yeah, yeah man you’re dead right. People then giving you a hard time? Gimme a break man.”

1 Like