Boxing II

Iā€™ve no issue with the pull out

What fight were you watching exactly? :laughing:

ā€œBilly Joeā€ is a cowardly woman-beating cunt who looked scared shitless before the fight even began and quit the first second he had a chance. Useless fucker. :+1:

1 Like

Again, totally agree that Saunders is a horrible cunt, but thatā€™s not really what happened.

1 Like

Saunders got a few handy flicks into Canelo in the middle rounds which gave the impression they were close on points. But the Mexican was still sizing him up and once he caught him a few he was cooked. Canelo getting the crowd revved you could see Saunders was goosed. Saunders had been giving out and making excuses all week and eventually got his handy out. He never looked like winning.

They shouldnā€™t but fighters carry on with broken eye sockets and eyes closed or closing. Malignaggi did v Cotto; Rosado did with Lemieux, Eubank v Carl Thompson Anthony Ogogo, half blinded himself doing it.

BJS himself gave Dubois awful shit for being pulled out eventually v Joe Joyce.

Its obvious my posting has been coloured by my dislike of BJS but fighters do carry on with that injury and that will be marked within the trade as a quit; even if it was completely the right thing to do. If the fight is going his way, he stays in there. Groves and Danny Williams have successfully defended World and British titles with one arm, these lads are cut from a different cloth.

The commentary overplayed his success I felt; he was competitive in rounds but Canelo had a lot of success in those rounds too. BJS winning rounds could have gone either way, Caneloā€™s were clear. Also, Canelo knew well he couldnā€™t sustain the constant movement. He is a highly skilled fighter and was always going to have some success.

The fight was competitive but not close I think

Erik Morales stood in front of Pacquaio and finished with a broken orbital bone, Marguerito had his orbital bone broken v Pacquaio as well and completed. Both men were way behind on the cards with no real path to victory.

Saunders legs were gone. He had sporadic moments in fight but never looked like he could seriously hurt.

Iā€™m not saying heā€™s not a horrible cunt but heā€™s just done 8 rounds with Canelo. Heā€™s one eye closed and a possible broken cheekbone.

Do folk really think he should have continued?
What could possibly be gained from that?

And any fella stepping into a professional ring is not cowardly.

5 Likes

Trainer was on just there and said he didnā€™t like the response when he asked him did he want to continue. Said BJS left it to him to decide, that his eye socket was caved in, he was in great pain and BJS was glad to stop.

Heā€™s a coward for beating up women.

To think there are still posters on here who try to diminish all Mayweather achieved too.

1 Like

Mayweather was 36 when he put that clinic on against Canelo.

1 Like

I think boxing would do better if that attitude left the sport. Absolutely no good will come from standing there having a hard puncher repeatedly pounding on a broken orbital bone. Corners and refs need to stop those fights way sooner but it should be ok for a fighter to quit and live to fight another day.

3 Likes

Thereā€™d be lads on here arguing that Mayweather didnā€™t fight Canelo at his best cos it was 8 years agoā€¦

1 Like

The same lads who call Mayweather a coward for not stepping up to middleweight who are the same lads who say 1 weight world champion Golovkin was a warrior despite the fact he never stepped outside a weight division he cleaned out.

1 Like

What age was Alvarez?

23 with 44 professional fights and a 2 weight world champion.