Boxing II

Fuel tank was empty, legs were gone.

Seemed like a right hand from Wood and Conlan was out before he even fell through the ropes.

Wood seems like a decent fella

3 Likes

I think that first punch of the clip caught him on the side of the head and sparked him.

Hope Conlans ok.

He could have done serious damage landing outside the ring there.

He does. He’s handled that situation well and he looks to have genuine concern for Conlon

2 Likes

I watched it 2 or 3 times and I’m not sure how Conlan folded and was prostate for a second before he fell out of the ring. I didnt see any obvious punch in the lead up. Conlan was clearly on his last legs. While he was connecting the power was gone from the punches and Wood was just walking him down. Sad to see Conlan like that after such a brave effort in a hostile environment. I hope he’s OK.

3 Likes

Conlon was a punch or two from stopping Wood in round two. He landed a heap of clean shots on him. A serious display of toughness from Wood.

1 Like
5 Likes

Conlan was even winning round 11 handily until he got caught by that punch right at the end of the round. And he was only half caught really. Partly he slipped a bit. So he had something left in the tank by then but maybe exhaustion just hit him after getting off the stool for the final round.

1 Like

Dropped too much weight

Conlan was ahead on all 3 score cards after the 11th but only a round up on two of the cards.

1 Like

Does the straight right do it?

2 Likes

Possibly. Knows he’s cooked and just bends over. I’ve said it earlier but he looked too skinny/dehydrated at weigh in. Not a great puncher anyway but energy looked zapped

I think the right hits him on the temple. Lights out.

Fuck me just watched it there. Bizzare finish. Lights out and through the ropes. Conlan was unreal but he needs to finish fights when on top

Sorry for your loss

1 Like

It’s all about finese & power in the pro ranks. Colon as good as he was tonight, will alway give a sucker a chance

An enthralling fight. Conlan was really unfortunate in the 11th with the knockdown. He looked world class at times and was the better boxer. Wood a credit to the sport with his dignified reaction.

2 Likes

Cop on you simpleton.

1 Like