Boxing II

He may as well come up a few pounds for the rematch and he’d have a better chance of lasting out the 12. It would still be lucrative enough.

100%

I’d imagine he’ll definitely want it whether it’s a wise move or not is a different matter

You’re not the one taking the damage.

1 Like

Obviously.

Rematch in The City ground, both make great money. Won’t take a huge amount of hype, fight last night will have done al the spade work.

Defeat for Conlon would set his career back hugely and might even stop any chance of a future world title, defeat for Woods would probably end his career.

Last night was huge, especially for Woods. A rematch might be one big pay day but both boxers will earn a lot more going their separate ways.

That said, I think Conlon mentioned a rematch this morning but in the cold light of day he might reconsider.

1 Like

Conlon v Santa Cruz …….:eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Santa Cruz isnt very motivated any more but I couldnt see Mick avoiding walking onto something big.

Conlan cant really punch unfortunately. Great fun fighter but Leigh Wood is only European level really.

2 Likes

Zero power

1 Like

Serious pay day though…

1 Like

Twould be class, they could do it in New York and they’d hopefully both do great money. Conlan is a lovely fighter, hasn’t quite the deterrent in his hands. Conlan is probably still making as much as Wood next time out if they go their seperate ways…you can call that loss seasoning maybe…he can step up in weight and bring this on another bit…probably always will lack a bit of pop though…reading the boxing forums (this lack of power was apparent in the World Series of Boxing in the amateurs with no headguards) but I hoped he’d overcome it. He could ‘sit down’ on his shots a bit more, but then you lose the fluidity I spose. Nothing to be ashamed of anyway, great fight.

1 Like

Totally agree, if he loses again to Wood he is fucked. He should fight all the ‘names’ he can, the 0 is gone, there’s a freedom in that. Everyone will want to fight him as he’s a draw at that weight where they’re tough to come by. He could be a modern Arturo Gatti. He’s very fan friendly, the brother was the same at a lower level and could’ve gone for ever with promoters wanting to use him.

2 Likes

Don’t laugh, but there’d be great money in Conlan v Frampton still…

Definitely not. Frampton was right beside the paramedics at ringside. You could see it in his body language that he wouldn’t he throwing digs at him unless training.

2 Likes

Ya, they’re pals aren’t they? They’d have both pulled serious coin out of it though. Could even have done it twice if it was any way good. Time has passed and they wouldn’t have done it anyway as you say but fuck, as lower weight fights go, that woulda been a commercial monster, first in New York or Boston, rematch in Belfast, I was very interested in it a few years ago when Frampton’s slippage and Conlan’s greenness would’ve made it really interesting, two lovely fighters to watch as well.

Nice gesture

2 Likes

Twas awful seeing that little prick bait up a past it Scott Quigg

This Thor vs Eddie Hall fight production is hilariously bad