Boxing II

Any fight clips doing the rounds?

Hereā€™s one

1 Like

RIP Pete

I had Serrano winning by a point but can see why KT got decision. One of those that could have gone either way.

Taylor could have no complaints if ref stopped fight in 5th

Reminded me of Fowlerā€™s a couple of weeks ago. Credit to both camps.

2 Likes

Katie done enough to win. She lost a few rounds in the middle but I donā€™t think it was enough to lose the fight. Fight was never being stopped.

Iā€™ll cheer her on at Croker.

Unlike the Ed Sheerin concert businesses around the stadium wonā€™t have bundles of tickets dropped in for free on the day to fill the place.

2 Likes

Eddie Hearne spoke really well post fight. Heā€™s pushing for Croke Park

Seems to be a regular thing on TFK after Taylor fights that you have lads that havenā€™t a clue about it queueing up saying they think she should have lost. Is it just typical Irish begrudgery or what? If Taylor was a male fighter would you get the same? Iā€™m trying to think of similar examples. Itā€™s fairly pathetic really.

4 Likes
1 Like

Lol, thatā€™s Katie fighting her sister a few years back.

1 Like

Just watched it there. Taylor was really pushed. In my opinion the judges were right very close. She was very luckey that they are only 2 min rounds, some refs may have stopped the fight in the 5th. She took some hammering

It was very hard to concentrate on the fight with the women in the crowd beind in the ring wearing the white blazer jumping up and downā€¦

I think the general consensus was that the fight could have went either way. The split decision would seem to bear this out. Most of the comments were reasonable and not begrudging in my opinion. Seems to be a regular thing on TFK where you have lads crying begrudgery if people hold a different opinion or viewpoint.

5 Likes

Would a rematch at AVIVA or Croke Park be a genuine runner?

Still dodgy for me regarding undercard fighters. Can they put ex MTK fighters on the undercard? I would imagine no. So who do they put on the undercard?

1 Like

Quigley and Conlon for a start.

From the bits Iā€™ve seen Serrano looked the better fighter but Taylor the better boxer ā€¦

No I donā€™t think so at all. A number of comments suggesting she lost the fight or vague comments about her being a cash cow and thereby slyly implying she was the beneficiary of crooked judging. Itā€™s been a quite consistent response to some of Taylorā€™s wins. Itā€™s a weird phenomenon. I donā€™t know if itā€™s begrudgery or sexism or something else but there is absolutely a clear trend from a number of posters on TFK of trying to undermine her achievements.

1 Like