Boxing II

Conlan has massive links to MTK. No chance he can be on undercard for security reasons.

McGregor could box some lad as well

Could be also sold as change to relaunch Irish boxing with MTK gone now

Eddie Hearn has dealt with MTK numerous times so that wont help. Fury had to cancel a tour of Ireland few years back due to security threats. I dont think anything has changed.

1 Like

Oh I entirely agree. She is a warrior and a lady. She absolutely deserves every ounce of success. Sheā€™s a tribute to herself and the country.

2 Likes

Couldnt agree more. But lads need to relax with the GOAT stuff. She can just be what she is, a top class success story in her own right.

1 Like

The bauld ewan is definitely at it anyway surprise surprise :roll_eyes:. Her near universal popularity makes her an obvious target for contrarians.

2 Likes

Agreed.

One of the judges thought she lost aswell mate.

It was a close fight.

What score did you have it as a matter of interest ?

He had it 10 nil for KT

1 Like

Whatā€™s up @Fagan_ODowd? Were the newspapers not perfectly square on the shelf when you walked into the shop this morning or something?

ā€˜Two womenā€™.

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Has Andy lee gotten off lightly given his ties to Tyson fury ? Heā€™s a regular on the second captains podcast isnā€™t he.

6-4 to Katie at minimum on rounds. She clearly won the first and last three. Serrano clearly won four and five, possibly even with a 10-8 round in the fifth. The other two were close and could have been called either way, but I think Taylor clearly won the fight. Serranoā€™s response after didnā€™t suggest that she thought sheā€™d been wronged.

This is exactly it.

The middle judge who scored it 97-93 gave the fifth round to Katie. This isnā€™t Timmy pressing the wrong button in the Dail stuff. Thatā€™s scandalous.

You could argue for a Katie win, a Serrano win and a draw and you wouldnā€™t be wrong about any of those outcomes.

I had 1,7,8 and 9 definitely for Katie
3, 4, 5 and 6 definitely for Serrano
2 and 10 were toss-ups.

Iā€™d say everyone involved is happy if there is a rematch in Dublin. I hope Serrano gets a fair share of the purse if so. They both deserve enough to retire with a bit of comfort.

1 Like

I think Taylor won 10ā€¦ While the last 45 seconds was mayhem she landed more early in the round.

The last 30 seconds from her while out in her feet was savage, literally.

So you thought Katie might have won by 1 or 2 points and are giving out about people who thought she might have lost by a point or two

People disagree on close fight shocker

Thatā€™s misogyny shure :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Itā€™s ridiculous people consider irelands greatest sports person.

Iā€™m just watching this now. Katie was very brave, but if the fight was the other way, lads on here would go full whiney kiely.