Boxing II

Does anywhere in Kildare have a decent sized hall? , Maynooth university? Carton House?

1 Like

Great achievement. Very historically significant and prestigious title.

1 Like

Fight is ON

It should not be on.

The BBBoC have now said the fight cannot go ahead

Backtrack

2 Likes

The right decision. Benn withdrew from VADA testing previously. Not good.

Ridiculous set up anyway

Honestly, any fighter not going into the ring on Peds is unlikely to be on a level playing field at the top end imho. The potential benefits are huge. The money is huge. The risks are huge. QED.

2 Likes

Dangerous beyond belief. We need more people like Carl Frampton who are prepared to speak the truth.

1 Like

The lads like Benn with the big promotional backing have the resources to do it right.

Watching his early fight with Penaud the Frenchman where he should’ve lost, he was stone useless.

His improvement was always very suspicious. He seemed to be able to sustain throwing overhand power shots over and again without getting tired. Now we know why for sure.

Little prick, was hoping Eubank would batter him anyway.

DAZN and Hearn are completely fucked now. Nothing coming through.

2 Likes

Felix Cash from the same matchroom gym looks suspicious too. Hearn is in a bad way now.

1 Like

He can’t seem to match Cash in good fights either. All the Tony Simms lads look a bit suspicious now. Simms is Eddie’s brother-in-law so its all very close to home. I did see it put out there that Benn retained his own doctor but I just don’t think they have much without Benn anyway.

Matchroom banked hundreds of millions from their DZAN deal but it was the Sky platform that made their business. Hearn thought they’d get the Premier League.

Informative on Simms @neilld.

1 Like

Would “traces of a fertility drug” be a typical masking agent for PEDs?

I read on a boxing forum that the body stops creating enough testosterone on its own when coming off anabolic steroids. The steroids had been doing it. This is the drug that gets the body producing testosterone on its own again apparently.

3 Likes

PEDs these days are aimed at building lean muscle mass (retaining strength whilst losing weight) and obviously keeping the haematocrit as high as possible.
Steroids and hormones for the former (testosterone also allows much more rapid recovery following training) and epo precursors and blood doping for the latter.
Boxing doesn’t look too hard.
I doubt UFC looks at all

1 Like

Tyson Fury is clean as a whistle so.

2 Likes