Boxing II

1 Like

Probably afraid Croker or Lansdowne Road wonā€™t sell outā€¦probably right.

RDS be better than the 3arena which is a shit venue for boxing.

1 Like

Canā€™t see how Croke park could work for a boxing match, but doubt it would matter as half wonā€™t watch it anyway

She didnā€™t get the memo

Whereā€™s Croke Park Arena?Only way Croke Park would work is if the tickets were a tenner

The handball alley?

Covering all bases now

1 Like

I heard it was happening in the Gaelic Grounds section of Thomond Park

1 Like

Ireland loves Katie and are a shower of event junkies. Donā€™t underestimate this

2 Likes

It would be a strange one to market. Not a traditional boxing crowd unless they use Irish lads on the undercard but that wouldnā€™t sell out the 3 arena.

They could market it to teenage girls to go with their Mammies but that wont work with the undercard needed for the boxing fans and a Saturday evening fight. Possibly earlier start than 5pm and main fight around 8pm but that wont work for Dazn.

Cheapest tickets for boxing is normally ā‚¬80 going up to ringside, for this fight, probably ā‚¬250. I cant see the women of Bray with two kids forking out at least ā‚¬240 on tickets alone to see Katie.

1 Like

January 6th 2024 it is. 80k MnĆ” na hEireann in Croker

Itā€™ll be renamed without the r for the night.

They couldnā€™t even sell out the Hotel in Bray for her first fight after the Olympics when she won gold.

2 Likes

Exactly this, in Ireland she is someone people respect immensely but they will not pay to see her fight.

1 Like

80k in croker watching wimmins boxing :joy: ah thatā€™s cheered me up

1 Like

GAA getting the blameā€¦

They must be trying to get it cheap to sell the tickets at ā‚¬30

Beterbiev - Yarde about to start.

Tommy Fury and Jake Paul just had a farcical staged face off

Some round.

This is great stuff

I was watching with the volume off, only getting comms now. I thought Yarde was sticking in well but Beterbiev was well in control. The BT crew might have been watching a different fight

Itā€™s close

Yarde was able to hang with Kovalev when he was near his prime, heā€™s no mug tbf