Boxing II

Crazy. Ref was happy to let them carry on

Madness. He was barely standing

Only 10 seconds left in the round but Wood couldnt lift his gloves

Thought Lara took a right to the body in the 3rd or 4th round that seriously stunned him. His body straightened up and he hid for a couple or rounds.

Came back in the last round and then seemed he was back in the last round.

1 Like

Trainer was right. Wood couldnā€™t lift his arms. Lara would have buried him.

Boxing is the new tiddlywinks

He would have keeled over without any punch Iā€™d say. Would have been dangerous for him to take another rattle

1 Like

Wood? He had won every round

Ya, but he was bollixed at the end. He was KOā€™d but standing

Seeing the replay again, I think he should have let the 10 seconds playout. Agree with Bellew for a change

Would you shtop, heā€™s a pro who took a hit, he popped back up with intent, ref was happy to let it go on.
Might as well ban boxing altogether

I only saw it the once, but for me he was bollixed. Thought he stumbled when the ref held up his hands

That tramp Warrington at it again last night acting the hardman

Yeah I would say not far off. I hope he does not go on too long. He is a likable sort.

He seems a pleasant enough chap. Looked to be living in a small enough Barratt home type place in the doc about him.

Carl Froch mentioningā€¦ā€¦yes 80,000 in Wembleyā€¦ ya gotta love him!

3 Likes

Best thing written about the decision to throw in the towel on Saturday

Wood said himself he was gone & it was the correct call after.

I said the other night it was correct. Lara was all over the ref trying to get him out of the way to hit Wood.

The only thing that would have saved Wood is if the ref stopped Lara, because he was too close to him, then slowly walked him back to the neutral corner or to the centre of the ring and given Wood a few more seconds to come round, then Wood cover up and ref jumps back in as the round ends.

Controversial but would often happen. Ref would have to know seconds left and depend on Boxer/Promoter.

Too many things for Ben Davidson to factor inā€¦

Might suit both anyway if thereā€™s a rematch clause?