Boxing II

Definitely be an entertaining fight. Whyte to win, Povetkin had covid that delayed the original fight date.
Which was probably better for Whyte, he was rushing back into it after a bad KO.

He won tonight!

Bollox missed it. How’d he go? Convincing?

1 Like

Just looked him up. He’s defeated four Nevins including John-Joe

Young traveler boxer from Kent, Dennis McCann just destroyed his opponent. 9th fight, not lost a round yet. Class and gas fucker, interview after brilliant

A different John Joe Nevin

Very talented, just wish he had a bit more power but at 20 that might come.

He’s so rangy, the poor Mexican lad didnt know where the next dig was coming from

He looks very fluid and skilled

unless you drop a weight, which is very unusual, you don’t get much more power, it’s either there or it isn’t

1 Like

True enough - that said a lad very schooled in amateur ranks is coached and fights to score points . In certain cases good training can nurture latent power .

training can bring about improvement but the true sleeping powder only seems to be born into some lads, regardless of training or what they do

1 Like

My point is that is certain fighters who go through the amateur ranks don’t go for power . If they go pro emphasis is often power if there .

Punch Power is like a good chin or real pace in field sport - generally it is there or it isn’t .

1 Like

yeah but you’d know after at least one or two pro fights if they had a blow on them. The power is hidden in the amateur ranks because of the size of the glove and the headgear, when I boxed at 70kg I couldn’t box worth a fuck but I could hurt lads. I was worth more at amateur than other lads at 70 because I literally only had to hit a fella once and he didn’t want to know anymore after that. Unfortunately staying at 70 was impossible and I hadn’t the boxing to go up or the inclination to waste to stay at 70

2 Likes

Indeed but in amateur if a lad wants to bang against a good Cuban he could lose 5 points while planting the feet and winding up at which point your man has shifted .

It’s a different sport tbh

Very informative post

yeah you’re boxing the man in front of you but fighting the judge, a load of shit really

Oscar De La Hoya his comeback in July. Could be anyone from Manny to a YouTuber.

I famously tipped Povektin to win the first fight, but I dont see him repeating that tonight. Think Whyte will stop him