Boxing II

Saunders eye socket destroyed? Eye blew up suddenly after one punch.

Eye closed, good night

You can pull that shit in the UK, but the Yank Boxing fans won’t stand for it.

Put everything into the first half just to stay competitive; gas tank blew up and he quit. That constant movement in the big ring isn’t sustainable. BJS is a well known to gas in the second half of his fights.

I’d say it was the beating he took in the prior round myself

He knew what was coming in the next round.

No mas

2 Likes

This isnt Rocky when they can cut his eye. He knows he’s not going to knock Canelo out but how the fuck can he fight 1/3 of the fight with one eye closed.

He had nothing left, he was walking backwards in straight lines in the prior round with Canelo literally stopping and whipping up the crowd, the eye was a useful escape.

1 Like

Fighting Canelo is hard enough, fighting him with one eye closed is near impossible.

Canelo thinks he broke his cheekbone…but hey keep going Billy joe

Yanks having none of it. You’re there to box, even worse considering his background and their notions

1 Like

He was getting stopped in the next round no matter what. He was getting slapped around before that punch detonated his cheekbone. He gassed.

I think he stopped because he had nothing left more than his eye.

The trainer has read him in the corner and pulled him.

You can quit without saying the words, AJ was told to walk forward in the first Ruiz fight, he stood still. That’s a quit. Saunders gave up there as he should, because he was gone.

You’re right, it was the right thing to stop. It’s just comical given BJS carry on in the build up and over the years.

Would Billy Joe stayed on his seat if his eye wasn’t fucked?

He couldn’t see out of one eye! One round to go he may have tried protect it. You can’t do that for four rounds.

Froch got word in his earpiece not to call Saunders a coward

Froch would’ve put up a huge show, different level of power, toughness and gas tank if not the skill of BJS

1 Like

Wrong login pal.

I suspect he would’ve stayed in his seat anyway, watch the prior round, he is walking back hurt in straight lines after every Canelo shot. Canelo stops twice to whip up the crowd. He had nothing left, he was fucked.

Saunders is a skilful fighter but athletically and power wise, he isn’t the level.

I really don’t like Saunders, but you don’t fight on with a broken eye socket, you’re talking absolute shite.

Ended along something like expected lines but not as dominant as I’d have expected from canelo.

1 Like

Ok…

Absolutely they shouldn’t but Kell Brook and Daniel Dubois did for rounds