Boxing II

1 Like

A serious show last night. Feile an Phobail is yet another SF master stroke.

1 Like
1 Like

Go on Jon Boi

1 Like

Cc @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy @Batigol

4 Likes

Pacquaio v Spence off, detached retina for Spence. Disaster really. Spence could be starting to break down after that car crash.

Ugas, who was defending his WBA title on the card, steps in to fight Pacman. Huge opportunity for him, but no longer a legacy furthering fight for the Fillipino.

Christ, thatā€™s a fairly perilous injury for a boxer. Sparring?

Isnā€™t that what Sugar Ray had to retire for first time around?

1 Like

Bruno detached both.
It depends on the detachment. It may be ok, it may be career ending.

2 Likes

Think Brian McGuigan had that too after an off the ball belt in a club game and was very lucky to be able to play again

1 Like

I hate that kind of thuggery. Itā€™s always a possible result.

Just set the alarm for potentially Mannys last fight. A demon in his day, hopefully he gets out unscathed with a few quid. I believe he keeps a huge entourage going

1 Like

Think mannys gone here - commentators doing their best to keep him in it

1 Like

Manny gonzo against a lad who only took the fight a few weeks ago cos Spence was out. Sad to see.

1 Like

A very ordinary fight.

He should have retired years ago.

2 Likes

Great operator.

Edit: that was a great read

Saturday night. Rematch Warrington v Lara

What do you think? Was Warrington unfocused last time and so Lara got lucky? Or will Lara with the confidence of youth step up again knowing he can hurt Warrington?

I like Warrington. Terrific fighter with a great work rate. I think he was annoyed at the mandatory defence and was expecting to beat Lara easily. Big mistake. I reckon heā€™ll have readjusted and refocused for this and will show Lara what he can do. Thatā€™s not to disrespect Lara because he has the workrate and determination but he hasnā€™t the skill of Warrington.

Almost certainly thatā€™s Warrington jinxed!

I think Lara at 6/5 is a great bet. Maybe Warrington was sick or injured the last time but he looked like he was completely washed up. So easy to hit.

Fighters with his style, all action, high energy, can get old overnight as their defence relies on speed, volume and pressure. Once the volume and speed drops a little, they become so easy to hit so fast.

4 Likes

I am repeating myself but i think Fast Eddie has made a big mistake moving to Dazn. Can put up all the youtube and instagram posts he wants but he still wonā€™t match the sky sports news hype machine. It will be interesting to see if Sky snap up some of his fighters.

2 Likes