Boxing II

Wilder fighting back at the end of the 10th was a great moment. Huge heart.

Heā€™s secured the future of his career anyway, Wilder Joshua will be huge now.

2 Likes

Wilder-Joshua would be wild.

2 Likes

AJ is an absolute fraud of a boxer. Fury could actually kill him. Wilder would spark AJ in around 3 rounds

6 Likes

Two lumbering hulks for ffs.

Spot on.

It would be akin to saying Kevin McBride deserved a shot at prime Tyson- the real one

2 Likes

Great it was for the iconic green WBC belt as well

1 Like

Fury didnā€™t look like heā€™d bothered getting fit, but my word he had. Heā€™s a masterful brawler.

He wouldnā€™t have laid a glove on Holyfield, Tyson, Ali, Foreman, Frazier or Lewis. A big overweight lummox lumbering around the ring.

2 Likes

I used the word ā€œbrawlerā€
Tyson at his peak would have annihilated fury I suspect, the others, Iā€™d not be so sure. Itā€™s impossible to say for sure I donā€™t think. I just think iron Mike would have destroyed him inside.
Ali is Ali. Few could lay a glove on him.
Lewis never looked entirely natural to me.
Foreman is one of the greatest ever
Holyfield Iā€™m not so sure. He wasnā€™t the biggest.

Heā€™d beat Ali, Fraizer and Hollyfield in that list. Size matters. Heā€™d have a 50lbs weight advantage on them and he knows how to use it.

Itā€™s all nostalgia saying 70s 80s fighters would win. In my day stuff.

1 Like

He has very quick hands and is defensively superb

Itā€™s not fair to judge between eras like that. Give Ali modern methods and heā€™d be unbelievable

Size does matter though, few heavyweights were bigger than Ali back in his day.

Size does matter. No doubt. But Ali was the best in his own era. Canā€™t ask for much more

1 Like

He was but his size had a lot to do with that. He never had to go into a fight with a guy who was 6 inches taller than him and 5 stone heavier, certainly nobody half decent anyway. He had great skill and speed for a man that big but a 6 ft 3 Ali would struggle at heavyweight in the modern era against prime Fury and Klitshcko I feel.

1 Like

Ali would likely be a cruiser weight today

He doesnā€™t have the chiselled look of the black lads and has a fair old muffin top on him but even a casual spectator like me can see his boxing skills.

Probably and heā€™d be such a good cruiser heā€™d go up to heavyweight, but I think he could struggle against a few of the good really big guys like the Klitschkos and Fury.