Boxing Thread

De la Hoya had no interest in this beyond the paycheck boys. Simple as that. No hunger for a scrap at all. What the fuck was he thinkin?

Pacman/Hatton would be exciting for sure however long it would last…

Oscar should have spent more time in the gym and less time in a pair of tights.

Hattons well full of beer now by the looks of him there

Absolutely off my face here, I think Pac Man will do Hatton no matter what the venue. Lashed a monkey on at evens with a mate, sure we’ll see.

Very disappointing stuff last night. Feel sorry for Oisn, pure outclassed by a guy who’s a quality boxer. Hope he gets a break from it now and someone gets him a PE job or something.

Rogan fight was quite good. Harrison looked liked he’d kill him early on but just seemed to zone out. To be fair to him he did ship a few punches so that obviously took the sting out of it for him.

id say about 2 rounds hattons finished,would like to see that pussy mayweather try to beat pacman,but dont think he would have the balls to mix it with him,money might tempt him though hes a greedy cunt

well lads, back from london where a decent time was had…pity about the result of the fight but Oisin actually broke his ankle in the first round which obvioulsy severly restricted his movement

He is very downbeat that the world saw that Oisin Fagan and is determined to get back and show what he is about.

He wants a rematch but unlikely he will get it.

Great atmosphere with the highlight being a rousing rendition of “Are You Watching Malahide”.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]well lads, back from london where a decent time was had…pity about the result of the fight but Oisin actually broke his ankle in the first round which obvioulsy severly restricted his movement

He is very downbeat that the world saw that Oisin Fagan and is determined to get back and show what he is about.

He wants a rematch but unlikely he will get it.

Great atmosphere with the highlight being a rousing rendition of “Are You Watching Malahide”.[/quote]

How did he break his ankle db or are you just taking the piss?

went over on it at the first knockdown mac.

Thats mad. Thought he hit the ground very easy that time.

Whats the story with his mad swinging style with his right? Leaves his face wide open for about a second which I’m surprised Khan didnt punish him for it.

Former Irish champion, Oisin Fagan, came out this morning praising his opponent’s performance after the WBA International Lightweight Champion, Amir Khan, looked to have dismantled the Irishman in less than two rounds.
However, after a trip to the doctor on Sunday morning Fagan learned that he had broken his ankle in the very first round.

Fagan said: 'Im absolutely gutted. First of all I don’t want to take anything away from Amir Khan - he’s an exceptional fighter and a lovely kid and looked very sharp in there last night, but truth be known, that when I went down the first time, in the first round, I broke my ankle.
'Obviously I didn’t know for certain it was broken until I got it checked out, but I knew there was something wrong, as I couldn’t put my weight on my left foot; hence the reason I looked so uneasy and off-balance in there.
'Anybody who watched the fight or replays it can clearly see me getting up after the first knockdown and having to use the ropes to steady myself while limping.
'Then there is footage of me hopping around the ring thereafter.
‘I have to go for X-rays tomorrow, but a friend of mine who is a nurse is quite certain, by the colours and burst blood vessels that the ankle is broken and has also had some bad ligament damage.’
Fagan continued: 'It’s wrapped up and I’ve been on crutches since early this morning.
'It’s very rare that I go down in a fight. I have to hand it to Amir, it was a lovely shot to put me down the first time, with a nice short little right hand, but after that, it was the fact that I kept coming forward and when I put my weight on my broken ankle, it just seemed to buckle from underneath me.
‘Again, no disrespect to Amir- he’s a great kid and a brilliant boxer, but I just don’t think he’d have had it quite so easy if I hadn’t broken my ankle in the first round.’

Most people in the ExCel Arena were surprised to see the towel being thrown in against Khan, as Fagan has already taken former IBF world champion Paul Spadafora to a split decision; not to mention another split decison, versus highly ranked Verquan Kimbrough in his hometown and a rip-roaring contest with Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr.
Fagan, known for his toughness and iron-chin, threw some nice overhand rights to Khan’s head but Khan showed his class with nice movement and dazzling speed.
Fagan said: ‘Who knows what would have happened if my ankle was okay all the way through. I guess we won’t know, unless he gives me a rematch, which I would be very keen on taking.’

The end came with about a minute to go in the second round when Fagan’s coach, John Breen threw in the towel when Fagan seemed to be struggling, in uncharacteristic fashion.

Fagan drops to 22-6 (13 KOs), while Khan raises his profile to 19-1 (15 KOs).

Was laughing at Fagan’s big right too. He’d throw in a couple of jabs and then a big wild swinging right haymaker leaving him wide open. Obviously the ankle didn’t help and I hope he does go on to prove he’s better than that.

james moore is fightin in atlantic city this saturday nite for the NABF title,hopefully will win its a huge fight for him,time to get irish boxin back on track 2008 wasnt a great year for alot of them

watched Rogan fighting the former boxer last thursday night… Jaysis, Rogan has some heart. He took a lot of punishemnt very early and looked like he was going to get a hiding. Coonts commentating on sky were talking about Harrison rebuilding his career and possible title shots etc… then the were stunned into silence by Harrisons refusal to fight, Rogan threw and landed twice as many punches as the big lazy fook, and deserved to win by more than the 96-95 scorecard. Rogan seems like a fairly good skin, was saying be was never even in a boxing ring when Harrison won his gold medal, hope he makes a right few bob out of this.

Then I watched the Pacqaouia -v- De La Hoya fight, and it was great viewing, felt sorry for Oscar as his body has decided enough is enough, but Pac Man is a super fighter, and his speed will Ricky H if they meet, he wont knock hatton out, or stop him, but will probably beat him.

Any chance of Mayweather coming out of retirement to fight Pacqaouia. Would be one hell of fight.

Mayweather is a bit of a tool but still a better pound for found boxer than the Pac Man I think.

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]Any chance of Mayweather coming out of retirement to fight Pacqaouia. Would be one hell of fight.

Mayweather is a bit of a tool but still a better pound for found boxer than the Pac Man I think.[/quote]

It could well be a great fight…Mayweather is a superb defensive fighter while Pacqaoia is a real aggressive fighter…I think that Mayweather would probably beat him…

Rahman was some joke on Sat night.
Third round, gloves up, leaning on the ropes.
Miracle he made it to the 7th.
Wlad woulda beaten him one armed. At times he did.

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]Any chance of Mayweather coming out of retirement to fight Pacqaouia. Would be one hell of fight.

Mayweather is a bit of a tool but still a better pound for found boxer than the Pac Man I think.[/quote]ye must be jokin would be a great fight but pacman would win no doubt,mayweather has no heart,its all about the money to him,hes a tinker

He’s all about the money alright which is a why there’s a good chance he could come of retirement.

Tinker or not he’s a great fighter and I’d be very surprised if Pacqaouia bet him