Boxing Thread

Wladimir just KO’d Jean Marc Mormeck in 4 rounds.
Woeful fight. Mormeck giving away about 6 inches and two stone to Kiltschko, he hardly threw a punch.

Another fantastic entrance though. Can’t blame the Klitschkos really, there just isn’t anyone remotely good enough to beat them and there’s nothing left but leftovers.

Getting closer now for Matthew Macklin.

Fucking unbelievable fight between JuanMa and Salido tonight. Gatti-Ward stuff.

Is there va link for this anywhere?

Just after watching Andy Lee fight, who picks these bums. He KO’d him in round 2. Can’t see that fight being much use to Lee. I’d say Lee landed 2 punches.

I don’t think Lee or his management can be blamed here, he had 2 different fighters pull out on him at short notice so they had to drag that bum off the street to fight him.

Where’d you watch it?

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21021913

:lol:

That was some pile of shit

His opponent changed twice in the last week alone. His team trying to get him a world title shot against JCC Jr but their people have got cold feet again - after Arum saying that they would do it late last year. It’s tough for him at the moment. Of the four title holders in the division, one of them never fights outside Germany (Sturm), another rarely leaves Russia (Pirog), another is the most protected fighter in boxing and the biggest fraud of a ‘champion’ out there (JCC Jr), and the last is Sergio Martinez. I think they have some agreement with Macklin that if Macklin beats Martinez he’ll fight Lee, but that won’t happen anyway so it’s all the same.

i dont think macklin would be in any rush to fight lee if he beats martinez,theres proably more chance of them fighting if he loses,if lee had based himself in nyc from the start he would have had his title shot already

I’d say Lou Di Bella would make it happen since he promotes all of them, it’d probably be a Paddy’s Day fight again.

Lees problem was having manny steward trying to train and promote,steward is not a promoter he should have went with Di Bella or arum from the beginning he was even hanging round the garden at some of duddys fights trying to get eddie mcloughlin to sign him,the good thing is lee has time on his side

Well worth a watch

http://ironforgesiron.com/2012/03/video-juan-manuel-lopez-vs-orlando-salido-ii/

Rios vs Gamboa officially off. Top Rank suing Gamboa. I don’t see this ending well for him.

What time is Macklin fight on tonight ?

Fight starting at 3am I think.

Thanks FP

How badly beaten will Macklin be tonight? Will he be recognisable in the morning?

Signing in. Come on Matthew, a true gael. :ireland: