Boxing Thread

Better round from McCloskey there.

39 - 37 Corley after 4 rounds for me.

McCloskey struggling with being the aggressor.

49-46

Corley still has some power anyway. Has wobbled McCloskey a few times. Rounds are close though. No need for McCloskey to panic yet.

Close round there. 59-56

Would be surprised if the judges are going to go against the hometown fighter in a lot of these rounds. Corley landing a few clean shots here and there but rounds could easily be given to McCloskey for aggression.

Very good round for McCloskey. Looked completely in control.

I agree, they are close enough in a lot of the rounds but Corley is the one who is more impressive, more than likely McCloskey will get these decisions on the basis of being the hometown fighter.

68-66

77-76

McCloskey did well in that round, he looks like a fighter in decline though - his reflexes don’t seem as good as previously.

McCloskey looking good now. Corley looking for the big shot but McCloskey doesn’t look too worried about his power.

86-86

Wow.

That’s disgraceful/

Funny ending!

I’ll take it! :pint:

:clap:

Ref panicked. Some disaster for McCloskey. Could have cruised to the decision if he’d been a bit more cautious.

McCloskey as well call it a day now.

Could he give him a standing count?

I don’t know what to make of that.

Depends on the commission. Don’t know if it was allowed tonight or not. In any case the ref would have had to let Corley continue to attack before he could have given a count and he obviously didn’t think McCloskey could protect himself.

I always thought McCloskey was short of world class anyway, and given the trouble he’s had in getting fights I’d say he might not have the heart to start building again. If a fighter like Corley can catch him it’s unlikely that he’d survive against a top 140 pounder.