Boxing Thread

Apparently it’s synthetic testosterone he’s tested positive for. That’s pretty bad. Will be interesting to see what statements are released today but it looks like the fight is off at this point. Ironic that it was Peterson’s camp who pushed for the Olympic style testing.

Frank Warren’s trying to make a Haye-Chisora fight for the summer, despite neither of them having a license. The banter has started between them already:

[size=4]David Haye pulled a knife on me in London, says Dereck Chisora[/size]

Dereck Chisora resumed his war of words with David Haye during a heated press conference at Upton Park, by accusing the former world champion of ‘pulling a knife’ on him.

The Finchley fighter, who will face Haye in a grudge match on July 14, revealed they had seen each other on a night out in London since their brawl in Munich, and claims the 31-year-old reached for a weapon when he saw him.

‘I saw David Haye a couple of weeks ago and he pulled a knife,’ said Chisora.

Haye responded: ‘I was eating a steak. It was in a restaurant.’

:lol:

The Haye v Chisora circus is being sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation :lol:
The Duchy :clap:

Latest on this is that the Peterson camp are using the TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) angle. It’s a big issue in MMA but I haven’t heard of it in boxing before. Low testosterone levels is a legitimate medical condition that’s recognised by the NSAC, and the treatment for it is injections of synthetic testosterone to restore testosterone to ‘normal’ levels. Obviously with the right doctor the system can be exploited. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Surely to god justice will prevail and Amir Khan will get his belts back

Chris Eubank jr fighting on Channel 5 now followed by Kid Galahad v Josh Wale

Katie Taylor won her first fight today. Afaik another win will more or less get her there.

Huh ??

She’s been fighting for years

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 18286”]
Huh ??

She’s been fighting for years[/quote]
:lol:

Katie Taylor has qualified for the olympics.

No show from the opponent this morning. Gold in this tournament would be nice prep.

Taylor’s world semifinal about to start on rte1

Katie wins :clap:

Katie Taylor’s World Championship final imminent.

Live on RTÉ1. Not sure why RTÉ felt the need to bring in 3 analysts to discuss this fight

2-2 after round 1

4-4 after round 2

8-6 Taylor after round 3

Katie Taylor - World Champion 2012 :clap:

She wins 11-7

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 18296”]Katie Taylor - World Champion 2012

She wins 11-7[/quote]