Boxing Thread

Fair play to Katie. Straight into the quarters now in the Olympics.
I don’t know where they get the scoring from in amateur boxing

I found it quite funny when Jimmy Magee said “back to the studio”, as if he wasn’t sitting 20 feet from them.

Jimmy could be retired at this stage he had absolutely no insight into what was happening

If that was her being coy and still winning by four points against the best opponent in the world then it looks good.

Also nothing like Jimmy Magee commentating on boxing :clap:

He kept going on about Taylor’s quicker feet. Somebody needed to tell him that quick feet = nil points

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 18301”]
He kept going on about Taylor’s quicker feet. Somebody needed to tell him that quick feet = nil points[/quote]

I did laugh there when she was going up for the medal and he said something like " no one can hit her now "

Senile and all as Jimmy is you’re nitpicking here. Footwork is one of the most important things in boxing. Billy Walsh said it was the key to her success after.
Hopefully the relatively narrow win will dampen expectation a small bit now. A lovely girl. :clap:

Jimmy’s commentary on the Dunne-Poonsawat fight must be one of the funniest things ever committed to tape. He couldn’t understand why Dunne kept going down because he missed the punches that dropped him every time.

Mikkel Kessler just scored a serious knockout against Allan Green in Copenhagen. Spectacular stuff.

Carl Froch back in the ring against the undefeated Lucian Bute tonight. Should be a good one.

What channel is it on? Presume it is on Sky

It is on Sky

What time is the Frock fight underway

12 bells

Barry McGuigan is one loathsome soup taking prick.

Good start from Froch

Excellent secondround from Froch. Bute cant figure out how to get in.

Bute in serious trouble in the third

Superb round from Froch! :smiley: :pint:

Lucky he wasn’t stopped

Commentator lost the run of himself