Boxing Thread

gas the way its on in the am there kev ,i remember when i was there we used to have to watch kosytzu fights at 11 am

Ya, it’s hard to figure everything out sometimes with GAA on later, irish time, American time and local time all need to be remembered, not to mention East/West coast times here and in the states.

Ward made that look ridiculously easy. Another dominant performance from him. His biggest problem is going to be finding someone that’s worth his while beating.

Class act

The weight drop cost Dawson, he was nothing of the same man. Still Ward is sheer class.

Pacquiao-Marquez 4 on the cards it seems - http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8371273/manny-pacquiao-headed-fourth-showdown-juan-manuel-marquez

FFS who the fuck wants to see another one

I wouldn’t mind to be honest. JMM deserves it as well. I watched the last back a good few times and Rds 2-8 really were a masterclass from Marquez. I find his fights have great re-watch value.

In any case who else is Manny going to fight?

Theres only one fight i would like to see but it wont happen and that is mayweather,marquez has always given pac trouble hes a good counter puncher with a great jab their first fight was a stone cold classic ,second was decent as was the third,bob arum is just milking the mexicans at this stage next thing he will want him to fight hatton again,pacquiao hasnt been the same fighter since he went into politics

Second episode of Martinez-Chavez 24/7 from last weekend. Mediocre to be honest. HBO really pushing the ‘Chavez isn’t preparing properly’ line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZHIMJg3QE

Not the first time ive heard that,andy lee reckons hes on drugs he put nearly 20lbs on after the weigh in for their fight

I don’t know if I even care about that fight anymore to be honest. Funnily enough it might still happen, and the hype would still be unreal, but in your heart of hearts you’d know that it’s never going to be the fight it could have been back in 2009 when Manny looked unstoppable. I suppose Floyd showed some signs of vulnerability against Cotto alright, but as you say Manny’s a pale shadow of his former self and hasn’t looked good since Margarito.

I’d nearly prefer to see Floyd v Sergio at 154 at this stage. Martinez has speed, he can bang, and he has the staying power to stick with Floyd in the late rounds. He’ll take a much smaller fee than Pacquiao as well which strengthens its chances of getting made.

Lee was saying that he looked like a ghost on the scales, and that he could barely stand up. I don’t think there’s any doubt that he’s taking banned substances, sure he’s already tested positive for diuretics and the Texas commission ‘forgot’ to test him after the Rubio fight. There’s always some bullshit with him come fight night and I imagine there’ll be some more on Saturday night. The weight difference is going to be massive but I just hope to fuck Martinez can overcome it.

Ye mayweather pacquaio would be about 3 years too late,would love to see martinez fight mayweather i think he has the beating of him,chavez is a decent fighter but hes not a patch on his auld fella the only thing they have in common is the help they get from the the officals JCC in the latter years junior all his life

What’s your view on the Chavez-Taylor stoppage?

Chavez junior is a prick. I hope Martinez knocks the shit out of him. And I think he will, possibly stop him.

Cracking rant from Lou DiBella about the crooks in the WBC ahead of Chavez-Martinez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qdnrJGaHgo

Apparently, Sulaimán was betting on Chavez ahead of the Chavez-Lee fight :lol:

Only in boxing.

I presume Ricky Hatton hasn’t a pot to piss in hence his return to the ring. Hard to see him doing much given how much he used to let himself go between fights in his peak. That takes a serious toll on the body

You being an expert ya 

Chavez doing road running with a dodgy knee is crazy. If this show is taken at face value Chavez is relying in conditioning to win the fight, massive mistake by him.

He doesn’t use his body when hooking either. If he dis he’d have serious power, but the look of it he only gets 30-40% into alot of his power shots. the others seem wild and I doubt Sergio will be caught be any wildness.

Unless I’m missing something big here this is a mismatch and Martinez will knock him out.

Bernard Dunne seemed to think his comeback was a very bad idea on Off the Ball earlier.