Boxing Thread

What’s your view on the Chavez-Taylor stoppage?
Premature WTB ,steele could see the red light but he was one of kings men,i seen a doc on taylor and he was still fighting down south even though he couldnt string two sentences together,i hope martinez stuffes that chavez cunt,

He’s worth £26m according to this year’s Sunday Times Rich List so wouldn’t say money is the primary motivating factor for the comeback

The story seems to be that Hatton is trying to relaunch his promotional company and thinks this is the best way to do it. Hard to imagine his money is running out but stranger things have happened.

I can’t stand Hatton, he is a complete phony the way he plays up to this ‘ordinary guy’ act and the simpletons who lap it all up are the dregs of society. Shit boxer too.

Matthew Macklin has demolished Joachim Alcine in 2 minutes and 50 seconds.

Tykes us gone lads any other links?

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/140945/1/watch-hbo-boxing:-sergio-martinez-vs-julio-cesar-chavez-jr…html

Cheers Sid. Working well enough for me.

Come on TA fuck Sergio.

Sergio has round 1 anyway half way thru it

Alvarez crushes Lopez with a bodyshot at the end of the second.
This will be over soon.

Hon the ginger meheecan

Sergio 3-0 now. Probably 1-1-1 with the WBC though.

Sergio looks like he’s getting his game plan away and Chavez his missing his big shots mostly.

Lopez down again early enough in the third, anothe body shot, but hangs on for the bell.
Alvarez must have some Irish in him. He’s as pale and ginger as I am ffs sake.

Sergio is just too good. They can chant Mehico all they want.

Such is the fucked up nature of this fight, the 30 secs on the ropes there may be enough for Chavez to get that round. Sergio won it by a mile really though.

4-0 for me. Sergio is so accurate.

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 18429”]Lopez down again early enough in the third, anothe body shot, but hangs on for the bell.
Alvarez must have some Irish in him. He’s as pale and ginger as I am ffs sake.[/quote]

Alverez is a class act.

5-0, absolutely brilliant performance so far, sheer class.

Lopez down again in the 4th and makes the bell again. Flurry of four punches doing it this time.

119-48 in punches for the pride of the Pampas after Round 5.

Joe Cortez stops his final fight in the fifth. Alvarez totally outclassing Lopez, looks a smashing boxer.
Gutsy showing by Lopez though.

6-0 Sergio. Better from Chavez though.