Boxing Thread

Cotto got a bit of a clipping off Trout last night by the sounds of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpwhqmMxIVQ
eature=youtube_gdata_player

The black lad looks like he hasn’t seen the inside of a gym in well over a decade

Why not include Braddock?

Trout definitely won it but it was a pretty close fight. Neither guy really dominated any round or dished out serious damage. Great win for Trout all the same, Cotto was 7-0 in New York before last night. Trout’s in the big leagues now.

Cotto v Trout - a punmaker’s dream.

Muhammad and larry 30 for 30 on espn now

Pacquiao-Marquez IV tomorrow night on HBO PPV. Hard to know what to expect from it.

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 18705”]
Pacquiao-Marquez IV tomorrow night on HBO PPV. Hard to know what to expect from it.
[/quote]Ye îts hard to know time may have caught up with marquez,pacquaios better power is all that seperated them the last couple a times.goin into politics has really interfeared with his boxing i dont know why he couldnt have waited till he retired,i might back the draw

Marquez turning himself into a hulk over the past year will have some affect I suppose - http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-marquez-muscular-aims-knock-pacquiao-out--59618

I think he’s going to stick in the pocket a little bit longer to try and score the eye-catching shots, but I don’t see him changing course too much. Pacquiao has no idea how to close the distance against him, because JMM is brilliant at controlling it, and he’ll inevitably get frustrated and resort to lunging and over-extending himself. Then Marquez will get a chance to see if all that new muscle has given him legit welterweight power.

For his part, Pacquiao nor his team don’t have a clue what to do differently, and they’re banking on Marquez being more aggressive giving Manny a chance to land big shots. All Roach is saying is that they ‘have to be more aggressive’, and based on the silence in Manny’s corner between rounds last year I’d say that’s about the only idea he has.

There’s not much they can do to be fair because they don’t have the tools to do anything else. Marquez has always been a far better boxer, and it’s been Pacquiao’s incredible athleticism that has closed the gap. He’s clearly in physical decline now though, and JMM’s boxing brain is likely to be as good as ever.

On that basis I think Marquez might get the decision this time. There was such a stink after last year’s fight that the judges should be more inclined to give him the close rounds this year. I hope he does get it to be honest, there’s no way he should retire without a victory over Pacquiao on his record.

Weigh-in live on www.toprank.com at the moment.

Marquez is by far the better boxer but he doesnt have natural power no matter how much muscle he puts on his jab will trouble pacquaio as usual,if he tries to slug it out he wilk lose if he boxes he should win

Marquez comes in at 143. That’s a bit surprising, only a pound more than last year. I thought he’d be heavier.

Marquez has no notion of slugging it out but he’s intent on trading a bit more I’d say. He feels he has to if he’s to convince the judges. Last year, one wild flurry from Manny seemed to impress them more than two and a half minutes of Marquez controlling the fight.

Thats how sugar ray leonard won a lot of fights by goin like fuck for the last 30 seconds

Yeah, a bit of shoe shine. Didn’t work for him against Bradley though.

Marquez is in crazy shape. 40 is the new 30.

That’s a serious amount of muscle Marquez has put on in a relatively short space of time - steroids?

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 18713”]
That’s a serious amount of muscle Marquez has put on in a relatively short space of time - steroids?
[/quote]Thats what i thought as well

What time is this on at, men?

Between 3 and 4 id say thraw

Thanks, Massey